Lock Rite

• Something is skipin in my front rear.Im thinking maybe its my locker.I got it back in 2002 and by lookin at it all the little pin holes are wore out.The springs dont feel strong.I dont think its my t-case.And everything inside looks good. Has anyone had a lock rite stop workin?
    Thanks for any info.

• The pins int he LockRite are designed to shear under a certail load. Maybe yours sheared, and the locker is not engaging. I'm pretty sure you can buy replacement pins and springs.

• Na, the pins are sill in there.It just has alot of slop in the holes.I didnt know if the locker gets weak.Maybe they let go easy with age.
    It will work good and skip then work good again and so on.

• when u install a lockrite you have to reinstall the thrust washers that were in your spider gears. I have found that a lot of people forget to install these causing premature failure or shearing of the pins. They look like a large washer but are very thin. They go between your carrier and the two outside parts of the lockrite (if i remember that correctly).

• If you didn't see them when you removed the spider gears, they were probably sticking to the spider gears (from the thick gear oil).

If you don't have them anymore, I have a CJ dana 30 carrier and spider gear set in my garage you can scavenge from. I assume they will work since they are just washers. Might be worth a try anyway.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• O.K. ,yes I put them back in.Every thing worked fine for years and its all still togeter.Its just something inside keeps letin go then grabs agin.I think the ratchet system is warn out?

• Could it be an axle u-joint? If one was getting stiff or worn, couldn't it affect the engagement and disengagement of the locker?

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I was just readin Urbancrawls forsale deal.He says he has a xj with a bad chain and the tcase.Could I have a stretched chain in my tcase????????

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!