You can run 37's with 3 inches of lift...

• I think it's a pretty smart way of doing it. That's a good way of keeping the lift height down.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I agree with Slimer. You can achieve lifting your axles that much further off the rocks with a 37" tire but not give up your center of gravity. After all isn't the reason for having bigger tires is to lift up your axles. OR is the real reason just to be able to say I run a 37. :hmm:

Actually the more I look at it the better the idea becomes. I'd do it in a heart beat if I had the $$$ :shrug:

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• Quote from "elff"

While I dont dismiss any of the clearance or stuff claims, I can see that jeep lifting a front wheel alot more than a jeep with a 4" lift or constantly unseating the front coils. If that jeep can still max out OME LT shocks with those springs then yea, it would work great. Id say anything under 10" of travel is going to be limiting

i have to agree with this
    i think it would pull a wheel off the ground more so than a compariable 4" lift

if it did do that
    whats the point

dont think there is any real world testing yet
    so we'll jsut have to wait and see

for the price of the kit tho
    around 2g's
    i think i would rather have a tera flex lcg kit

• how many people run extended bump stops on there lifted tjs to clear the tires they are running? This allows them to fully use the up travel of there springs. down travel is, after the point that your up travel side of the axle hits the bump stop in my mind worthless. At that point your leverage is gone and the axle has no down force applied to it its just hanging there providing minimal traction. I think it is a great option for those wanting to cut for bigger tires and keep there rig street legal

• there is flex and there is useless flex I'll fill in the rest later when I get my jeep to do the first part

• UM YEAH.............

If you can get an LCG kit for 2gs then let me know, the VP of Quad couldnt even get it that cheap (which i am installing by the way with Coil overs on a 05 Rubicon LJ with Blackrubi) the kit retails for around 5gs complete. :folded:

• relax dude

im saying _since _ there is no real world testing on the high fender/hood
    kit

why spring for that kit
    when for alittle more
    u can have a real kit

• Quote from "jeeprubicon"

relax dude

im saying _since _ there is no real world testing on the high fender/hood
    kit

why spring for that kit
    when for alittle more
    u can have a real kit

well actually there is testing because this kit was first seen at last years sema show, they have been running it ever since...also did u guys notice the white jeep has a 3.7 CRD Liberty desiel...

• Quote from "Meeper"

well actually there is testing because this kit was first seen at last years sema show, they have been running it ever since...also did u guys notice the white jeep has a 3.7 CRD Liberty desiel...

It is a 2.8L CRD, but it is still a good idea, better gas milage... maybe...

I like the Idea of the kit but would not pay 2g's for it. But thats me...

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

• Moving the fenders up like that is nothing new. The first set up like that I saw was on a CJ7 in a magazine about 10 years ago. You could get fiberglass hoods made like that for at least 5 years now. Someone (Archie I think) ran one on his CJ5 in Neuroc a few years ago.

If I ever do flat fenders I'm attaching them to the hood. I've always liked the look.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Quote from "Slimer"

Moving the fenders up like that is nothing new. The first set up like that I saw was on a CJ7 in a magazine about 10 years ago. You could get fiberglass hoods made like that for at least 5 years now. Someone (Archie I think) ran one on his CJ5 in Neuroc a few years ago.

If I ever do flat fenders I'm attaching them to the hood. I've always liked the look.

archie ran the one piece front clip. i had to go look at a pic to be sure.

that lift is the best possible way of doin a lift to clear 37's, but its probily the most $ lift there is. for that price i wold run a one piece hood like aarons and make inner wells, then cut the back fenders. but then again i am a tube driver, so my ideas are all f'd up.

• my rear flares have been almost that high on the tub for over a year.

I do not have the body working skills YET to pull off a hood/front fender job anyway near that though.

Similar mods, like a fiberglass high fender hood, mixed with a small suspention lift is the way to go. Low CG and high ground clearance is where its at.

Flex is way over rated. Most of the massive flex monsters out there have very little to no advantage in traction over having a wheel lifted.

Flex is good, but having the tire on the ground when that side of the Jeep is 12 feet in the air is ghey, and you still dont get any real traction on that tire anyway.

There is a limit to usable flex. At some point it becomes a pissing match... much like the "I run thirty-whatever inch tires. :D Did I mention I'm going to run 42's :D

And yes, I am making up for something!

My corp. 14 bolt boat anchor! :D
    Get your mind out of the gutter!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!