model cars?

• let me start by saying it sat here for a few minutes debating on if this is jeep talk or off topic.. ive decided its jeep talk

i decided today i want to build a model wrangler.. i have never built a real model car, i used to get them when i was younger, but it was the kind you were done with in 20 minutes, i was probably 7 years old. anyway i want to do the real deal model car.. i went to the hobby shop which i havent been to in years, the one on rt 10 in dover near wawa and the base.. well its closed down, probably has been for a while.

does anyone know a place around dover where i could pick up a model wrangler?

• do you want to build a plastic one, or just get a diecast one?

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• yea i want a die cast model.. thanks for the help.. id probably have to make the mods myself somehow, but i kinda wanted one thats lifted with MT tires and all.. i guess i cant be too picky though

im just looking for somethin to take up my spare time.. ill travel as far north as newark or south as seaford (would go further but im sure we can all agree gas prices wont allow for that), i like to hold in my hands what im buying rather than get it on the internet.. NO ONE knows of any hobby shops?!?

• I've messed around with the plastic models but I like to modify them. The problem is I can't find any larger tires. For one I've scavenged some tires off one of Smudge's (Michael's) old toys.

I have one of each of the plastic ones linked to. I glued them to a rock and put it on the mantel. Of course they are falling apart again but hey, they are Jeeps. :innocent:

I'd like to find a few Scrambler models.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Quote from "DCC"

seriously.. i have too much to do to my real jeep.. maybe i should recruit him in my next wrenchfest (oh wait that would be my first wrenchfest..) :innocent:

• There is a really good hobby shop out in Crofton, MD...I mean every car u could think of was there..i found a 86 IROC camaro there so they would deff have jeeps too. Give them a call and see if they have one...www.gpahobbies.com
    (301)858-0004/(410)721-2010

Quick dana 35 test: kick one of the rear tires. If the axle breaks, it&#039;s a 35<br />01 TJ Sahara<br />TJ- 4.0 5spd, 8.8, RE 4.5&quot; lift, RC X-Flex Arms, 1&quot; BL w/ MM Lift, Clayton/JKS Trackbars, 33&#039;s, Rusty&#039;s Rock Bumpers, XRC Sliders, PIAA&#039;s, Delta H4 Conv, CB, Skids<br />Future Mods: Going back to 3&quot; springs with Johnny Joints on all the arms.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!