What have you done to your Jeep today?

• Looks pretty easy to fab this up. $27 is pretty pricey. And you open the tailgate before you open your hard top lift gate, Would not interfere.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Soft top no problem. I'd buy a spring mount for the antenna as well. Less likely to break if you snag it on a trail and will allow it to flex if the hardtop window pushes it out when driving with it opened.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• i have that one too. it's pretty beefy, and has a spacer to clear the spare tire holder edge. mounts on top. make sure you grind the metal down to make good contact for your ground.

• Put in a new fuel pump. I need to replace the bearing on my rear passenger side wheel on my 91 yj. I also need to replace the U joints on the front. Anyone ever done this before? I would love any advice or insight as I am new to this. I have the Haines manual and have been glued to YouTube.

• Made 2 sand spikes out of some 2" PVC. I made them able to attach to the cargo rack with hitch pins for easy removal and installation. They double as transport pole holders. I still need to paint them. Going to drive around the next few days with them to see how they ride.

Might need to invest in another rack for the rear hitch in order to take this cooler along...

• You should be up over the waves with those.

• Somebody in China is gonna be really mad when they step on the pointy end of that sand spike.

:razz:

They're 5' long. I figured they'll bury about 14"-16" in the sand and then the rod notch is 11" deep so that gives me about 3' of height added to my 11' poles. Should keep me over the breakers as long as I can cast it out far enough. I haven't fished the surf since before I got married 11 years ago. I don't want to throw a whole lot of $$ at this until I figure out if I will get into it more. I lost a reel somewhere along the way so I gotta look for another one for that white pole. I can't seem to find my saltwater tackle either.

BTW- anyone try and cut PVC with a grinder and cut off wheel?? It sux.... :doh:

• Took my front aussie out last night and replaced the springs and pins, also filled her up with fresh oil. The locker looked good and has been in there way longer than that pos spartan. I may get a rear aussie and see how it holds up. I know a full carrier locker would be alot stronger but then I blow my upgrade funds for the winter :down:

• Before I had the sand spikes mounted, a guy at work asked me what the pointy pcs of metal on the rack were for. I showed him the Zombie Outbreak Response Team decal on the side of the Jeep and he busted out laughing. I didn't tell him what they were for but he saw the surf poles today and was like, "Oooooooh!"

I didn't think about that... I should apply for a job at Medieval Nights...
    :roflmao:

• Installed new track bar and steering stabilizer. Front end alignment is up next. I feel much better about getting thru to the spring now that all the worn out parts have been replaced. No more shimmy shimmy and steering is A LOT better. And the saving for lift and tires begins.

• Before I had the sand spikes mounted, a guy at work asked me what the pointy pcs of metal on the rack were for. I showed him the Zombie Outbreak Response Team decal on the side of the Jeep and he busted out laughing. I didn't tell him what they were for but he saw the surf poles today and was like, "Oooooooh!"

I didn't think about that... I should apply for a job at Medieval Nights...
    :roflmao:

Saw you on Old Baltimore Pike and the spikes look good! Be careful that you don't get any Fiat 500s stuck on the tips!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!