Grip Spur Buckshot Wide Mudder

• Does anyone have any experience with these?

http://www.yournexttire.com/ne…-50-235-85-free-shipping/

I'm about to replace my trail tires (33 x 10.50 BFG Mud Terrain's) and love the idea of almost a full inch of tread depth and a bias-ply tire. The only issue I've had with the BFG's is that I lost a few sidewalls. I try to avoid mud, more interested in how the climb on the rocks. Thanks.

Wow, that is one helluva tread on those. They appear to be designed quite specifically as mudders. They seem narrower than you might want for the rocks.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• no personal experience with those, but if you want rock performance, a major thing to look at is tread compound. Thats likely more important than tread depth. A softer "stickier" is key to gripping on the rocks.

• no personal experience with those, but if you want rock performance, a major thing to look at is tread compound. Thats likely more important than tread depth. A softer "stickier" is key to gripping on the rocks.

Gotta ask too... Is this a trail only rig?

Skinny, bias, no siping... Would be bad in rain or slick weather on the road.

• Wow, that is one helluva tread on those. They appear to be designed quite specifically as mudders. They seem narrower than you might want for the rocks.

I've been a fan of pizza cutters for years.

no personal experience with those, but if you want rock performance, a major thing to look at is tread compound. Thats likely more important than tread depth. A softer "stickier" is key to gripping on the rocks.

When you buy a drag slick you can pick your compound and balance traction and longevity. I've never seen any specs on road tire compounds other than people's opinions.

Gotta ask too... Is this a trail only rig?
    Skinny, bias, no siping... Would be bad in rain or slick weather on the road.

No, it's a street/trail Jeep, but I have a dedicated set of trail tires so I'm not too concerned with their street manners.

• Looking at that tread I would say those were mud tires. I wouldn't expect them to work well on rock faces (especially wet) being a stiff bias ply tire with no siping.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Never really know anyone that has liked the buckshot for anything more then spinning a tire i the mud. They ride like boggers on the road, they flat spot when they sit and r as hard as a rock. I have never seen them on anything but a ful size truck so i say give them a try and write a review???

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!