2007 JK- New photos, and Rubicon Trail report

• check this out also
    www.jkboard.com

also i'll have you know we already have some pics, new lift kits, flares for the 07 ready to go up on our site... :innocent:

PS our 4 door already shipped to us at work, we should be getting it any day now....also a co-worker has his 07 sahara on order too.

did you guys also see that jeep combined the BFG mud and Goodyear MTR tire...BFG outer with MTR inner, thats hott

• I hate to say it by the 4 door looks like a pregnant 2 yrs old. something is just not right.....

I love my jeep and I think that 4 doors is just not the direction to go in.

the fact that my jeep has no trunk space, limited back seat space, only 2 seatbelts (meaning no more than 2 kids!!!) kind of was appealing.

I hate to see a speciality vehicle (wrangler cj, yj tj whatever year, all more built for offroad than onroad) being streched, and contorted to be more than one "class" (not sure that is the right word) of vehicle. I have seen a bunch of vehicles come out lately that do so many different functions (i.e. a pickup, suv, station wagon, luxury car) but IMHO dont do any all that well....sure they do them all, but if you want a pickup, get a pickup, if you want a suv, get a suv, if you want a station wagon, get a station wagon, if you want a luxury car, get a luxury car, and if you want a jeep, get a jeep!

I hate seeing good things being made to sell to the lowest common denominator. how many 4 door jeeps do you think will actually go offroad???

• Yeah it looks "un-natural" in stock form. Give it 35s, or at least 33s and it should balance it out.

The slanted front end looks a little weird, but a nice winch or brush guard should counteract that.

People take XJs an ZJs off road so I dont see why someone wouldnt take a 4 door Rubi on the trails.

It might take a few years and some tweaks, but I think it will turn out nicely.

• Sure is a lot of 4 door haters. I dont get it. If you guys saw an XJ with 32" tires, dual lockers, electronic disconnect, 4:1 gears, dana 44s. and removable door kit, you would compliment it. But this JK is such an abomination?

• The four-door made Mens Journal's top SUV's along with the FJ. It looks a little cumbersome with tiny tires, but it should look good in silver or white and 33's (minimum). I'd still like to see a NON-Rubicon version to see how the trim changes.

• Sure is a lot of 4 door haters. I dont get it. If you guys saw an XJ with 32" tires, dual lockers, electronic disconnect, 4:1 gears, dana 44s. and removable door kit, you would compliment it. But this JK is such an abomination?

I dont think its an abomination, but the simple fact that the CJ/YJ/TJ have always been a two door(I belive), short wheel base, off-road machine. While these new models are most certainly as capable as previous(maybe even more so with new technology), it goes back to heritage. It would be like Chevrolet bringing back the 2009 Camaro and a 4 door and a luggage rack.

Thanks, but no thanks. I'll keep my leaf sprung Jeep. :driving:

Totally Agree...lol ;D ;D

Only time will tell if these new JK's sell...Personally, I think they tried to rip of some styling cues from the H3 with the way the doors and tub look :doh:, I do however like the retro parking lights, kinda makes a tribute to the willys.

Quick dana 35 test: kick one of the rear tires. If the axle breaks, it&#039;s a 35<br />01 TJ Sahara<br />TJ- 4.0 5spd, 8.8, RE 4.5&quot; lift, RC X-Flex Arms, 1&quot; BL w/ MM Lift, Clayton/JKS Trackbars, 33&#039;s, Rusty&#039;s Rock Bumpers, XRC Sliders, PIAA&#039;s, Delta H4 Conv, CB, Skids<br />Future Mods: Going back to 3&quot; springs with Johnny Joints on all the arms.

The XJ is much better looking than the 4 door JK.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I just went to the Minnesota State Fair today and saw one up close and personal. They had the doors locked and
    wouldnt open it up, but from peeking in the windows I can definitely say Im impressed and would consider buying one
    if I could afford the payments on a brand new vehicle. It would replace my 98 grand cherokee nicely size-wise without sacrifice, and I would get back the fun and function that I gave up when I retired the Scrambler from daily
    driver duties--i.e. top down, but still able to haul the carseat around

• I really like the new jks. I still owe a good bit on my 01 tj sport :bang: but I would definetly like to have one of the 4drs when I get the 01 paid off. :driving:

• i think the new 4 doors look like the hummer sut just smaller, with the tops off.

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• I think DC missed the mark on them. I don't get into them.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I don't think I'd buy a 4 door, but I'm glad Jeep decided to go in a different direction with the JK. There's no real reason it should get any backlash. Jeep still has a two door model. It's kinda like the Compass and the Patriot. I don't like em, but I'm glad to see Jeep trying different things.

• I don't think I'd buy a 4 door, but I'm glad Jeep decided to go in a different direction with the JK. There's no real reason it should get any backlash. Jeep still has a two door model. It's kinda like the Compass and the Patriot. I don't like em, but I'm glad to see Jeep trying different things.

Yes, exactly. Seems like a lot of people wish Jeep was still making the CJ and nothing else. I think Jeeps done a good job of keeping up with the market, and still holding on to their heritage.

• Robin, Patti and I drove by Hertrich on Monday (on the way to the mall...), to see if there was a new Wrangler there. As we drove in, I saw there wasn't one, but THEY both saw a COMPASS and said "oooohhhhh...."

Please God, I don't want a Compass...please let her like the Patriot better...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!