Jeep Wave mocked by Local Reporter

• I've invited Kelly to a Deja trip or meeting before when doing an interview in spark. She has had her jeep on Paragon before even, very cool lady.

• I've invited Kelly to a Deja trip or meeting before when doing an interview in spark. She has had her jeep on Paragon before even, very cool lady.

Then she should know better than to call a Jeep a car like she did in the artical.

Who do we think we are? We think that we are fantastic people who have a car that looks cool, has a top that can go down and can drive over things.

I guess however, we can forgive a little laps of reason :innocent:

• The mood i've been in lately that just irritated me

She can't even compare considering she's not even driving an american made vehicle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heck, even my jeep could park on her bumper!!!!!

Maybe someone should post it up on Pirate4X4, now that would be entertainment!!!!!

• I found the whole thing entertaining. People mock what they don't
    understand (Hence the motto), but I'm not even sure she was
    really mocking in a malicious way---more like she was just funning with
    us.

Toyota's aren't bad vehicles, but it sure ain't no jeep. She'd find that out
    real quick at Paragon....on my first ride up there, I was amazed at what
    even a stock jeep wrangler would do.

"I mean, I've always been a libertarian. Leave everybody alone. Let everybody else do what they want. Just stay out of everybody else's hair." - Clint Eastwood -

• It seemed like a skit between her and her friend. They probably do it every day at work, and thought it would be funny to make an article out of it. A lot of people will take it out of context though.

• I just sent her a E-mail here is what I said.

:throwpc: :safeyet

I just read your article about the Jeep wave. I would like to let you know how the wave got started. After solders came back from WW2 a few of them liked there experience with there trusty Jeep in the war. these solders bought the when they got home ether it was military surplus or civilian models. But back then there were very few on the road so that when you saw another Jeep coming down the road at you you waved. some even pulled over and talked or shared lunch with the other driver.

This tradition was still that way when I bought my first Jeep in 1974. It was still unusual to see another Jeep on the road let alone Hi-way. Meet a lot of nice people and made friends driving around in my old CJ5 back then. Well today some people still do the Jeep wave. More don't then do and a Jeep on the roar is a common sight today.

I belong to a few Off-road and Jeep clubs and in Delaware there is the Delaware Jeep Association http://www.delawareja.com that has a game. If you don't wave to another member you become the Jeep Monkey. And a picture of a monkey is put with your post in the form till some one else gets caught not waving.

You should check out our club and even attend one of our outings. We have a canal clean up on 9/30/06 and in December we do a toy run for the Dupont Children's Hospital.

In bad snow storms there is a grope called the Emergency Transportation Volunteer That when there is a bad snow storm they transport Medical personal to hospitals when normal suv's and pickup's can't move out of there driveways.

The wave is not meant to offend other drivers but to say hi to someone that has a car that has become a part of your lifestyle. On some Jeeps you see a banner that says "It is a jeep thing you wont understand" well that is what it is all about. I hope you now understand.

Thomas M. Hickey (Tugboat)

:laughabove:That is somthing that I hope she reads. :wavey:

• You guys are tooooo funny. Kelly Housen actually lives on my street and owns a jeep TJ just like her sister, and they have gone on trail rides to paragon before. Heck, her sister just got a motorcycle and began waving to other bikers I'm sure. Its just a story they were having fun.

Don

• okay, so she feels left out?
    why don't we take a picture of a bunch of jeepers in their jeeps all parked near/next to each other waiving?
    that could be her very own jeep waive!
    then she's not left out :driving:

haha we could even blow the picture up and frame it so she can put it in her office :laughing:

steve

Audi A4 2.0t quattro<br />gone: 2000 4 banger<br />(w/ no AC lol) BB and 6cyl springs 31x10.5 Dunlop Mud Terrains Lights and toys:-)&nbsp; <br />gone: 91 yj blood, sweat, and rebuilds&nbsp; Will accept all donations of beer, parts, and money.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!