Insurance Coverage Question

• Some people around here have quite a bit of money into their Jeeps. What do you do for insurance coverage? If I somehow total my Jeep I would like to recover at least some of the "extras" I have into it in the event that nothing was salvagable i.e. accident + vehicle fire. Just wanted to see how others handled this... Thx! :)

• Before I got the truck I had a Ryder on the Jeep that covered all the work that I had done. It cost a extra $30.00 a year. Had to give them pictures and had them look at it every time I added something. But it was worth it.

• If my stuff gets stolen I have to have a reciept for it. I might be able to fight and show pictures I have of the jeep.....

If my moabs get lifted there gonna give me what my stock ones used to be......if my tires get lifted I have the receipt. I used to have the silly 15x7 sport rims...so I would just either get those and sell them.....Or pay the insurance a little extra to get the right ones...

If anythign else gets lifted I have a receipt, and I have a $0 deductible on any vandalism, windshield, or stolen items....but you have to have a receipt, otherwise nothing for you.

• how do u go about getting this coverage?

*bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*<br /><br />&quot;Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. <br />One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.&quot;

• how do u go about getting this coverage?

Talked to my insurance company. It's state farm.

One day I went in and said "Ok...I've done some modifications, do I need to update my policy." she asked what type of modifications...I explained tires, lift, things of that sort.

She told me as long as I can produce a reciept then I can get the value of the item. If the item is attached to the jeep, then I will have no deductible. If it was something like a Camera, I would have a $200 deductible (i think $200...right around there)...that I would have to pay.

If I ever had something stolen and I bought it used, I'm pretty much SOL unless I got a reciept for it. Most my stuff that I bought used was small stuff. If it is big I'd like to create a reciept. (I learned this the hard way)

• I just run minimum liability......but I guess I'm in a different boat than the rest of you guys. :innocent:

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I am an inusrance adjuster.

1) You might want to take an aftermarket endorsement. On average most standard policies cover $1000-1500 for upgrades and modifications. So if you have more put into it, you might want to consider getting the endorsement

2) This endorsement covers the stuff if it stolen or damaged, see the next bullet for a Total Loss

3) Keep in mind, if you put $1500 of upgrades to your vehicle, that doesnt make the vehicle worth $1500 more. If your Jeep's stock form is worth say $7000, and it is totalled in an accident, dont expect to to get $8500. The upgrades just increase the overall value of the vehicle a little bit. Furthermore, only options that increase the performance of your vehicle really affect the value. Customization/appearence items dont increase the worth of your vehicle.

• what about your doors, i saw on the news there alot of door stealing going on, will the insurance company buy you new doors,

• 3) Keep in mind, if you put $1500 of upgrades to your vehicle, that doesnt make the vehicle worth $1500 more. If your Jeep's stock form is worth say $7000, and it is totalled in an accident, dont expect to to get $8500. The upgrades just increase the overall value of the vehicle a little bit. Furthermore, only options that increase the performance of your vehicle really affect the value. Customization/appearence items dont increase the worth of your vehicle.

First, thanks for the input!

Second, most of my upgrades are things like armor, tires/wheels, security enhancement devices :) so where would that fit in? I guess my real question is what is the insurance world's definition of performance? To me, all these things increase the performance and safety/security of my jeep. I am not a fan of bling... And again, thank you for your input on this as insurance is one of those things I make too many assumptions on what will be covered and what I am paying for.

• speaking of Insurance, but on a totally diferent side of the coin. Does anyone know of any companys that offer a Recreational Vehicle coverage thats extremley cheap? Like $500 a year? :rollsmile:......Possibly considering a trail Jeep only but will need Insurance to take It in the parks and to transfer titles at the DMV? Any thoughts on this?

02&#39; F250 SD w/ 285&#39;s and 17x9 1079&#39;s<br />99&#39; XJ w/ 8&quot; and 35&#39;s - GONE!<br /><br />I miss wheeling! :(

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!