any cell phone users?

• The forum has a cellphone-friendly mode (http://www.delawareja.com/forum/index.php?wap2) which turns off graphics, links and pictures so it's easier for... does anybody use it? I've been asked to set it up to show links and pictures, but want to make sure that I won't be killing anybodys cell phone bill from the extra bandwidth consumption.

I'll enable the pics and links on Wednesday night.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• The forum has a cellphone-friendly mode (http://www.delawareja.com/forum/index.php?wap2) which turns off graphics, links and pictures so it's easier for... does anybody use it? I've been asked to set it up to show links and pictures, but want to make sure that I won't be killing anybodys cell phone bill from the extra bandwidth consumption.

I'll enable the pics and links on Wednesday night.

I use the regular site on my Treo 700p (EV-DO) :spinrhead:, it works well. A wap site would be even faster though. I do have unlimited data as well, so I'm not too concerned!
    Thanks for making that happen, though.

Joe

• I guess I'm old fashioned. Phones are for calling people, 'Puters are for internets. Trying to type on my cell phone key pad drives me nuts. :rolleyes:

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Hey Tom I just got mine in the mail about a week and a half ago.

Its pretty cool thus far.

I actually havent been using the wap site very often. I usually use the regular site if I have a good strong signal
    the evdo does fine. Really close to high speed.

If my signal is kinda weak then I will resort to the wap-only sites etc.

But yeah people without a fairly recent pda phone wont understand their capabilities. Especially the new high speed or wi-fi capable
    phones.

So yes Jerry. The wap site does come in handy to me a lot. Thanks.

Ryan

• Have you tried the regular site? It works just fine on my Droid and I'm pretty sure it will render the same on the iphone.

• I use the regular site on my iphone as well.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

• I can see all the pictures, etc. using Opera on my Blackberry. The site looks better on the phone since the last upgrade, too. I got on the site with a sample Droid Incredible at the Verizon store and it looked great, was one of the deciding factors to get the Incredible.

• Yea, full site works fine on the iPhone, was just looking for a quick access without having to zoom around.

Thanks.

Eyesight going Joe? :mrgreen: Landscape and double-tap for the column and prolly 80% of my access is from my iphone...well, when I have friggin service.

--Ian (don't start, Geoff)

• that's a 4 year old phone...

Jerry / Whatevah

• Funny....I saw this and thought it was a new post. I was going to reply, HEY I access the sight with my phone. Then i saw I already replied 4 years ago. :roflmao: "Phones are for calling people..."

My blackberry has it's limitations but it's addicting. It may not surf the net very well but I can use it in other countries (unlike other phones from what I'm told).

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Well I guess when I get back from playing in the sandbox and can upgrade my crap a$$ LG to a Droid I will be able to enjoy the site on the go... can't wait..

If you don't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them!!!!

• My blackberry has it's limitations but it's addicting. It may not surf the net very well but I can use it in other countries (unlike other phones from what I'm told).

Do you travel to other countries often? You still normally have to adjust your account accordingly if/when you leave the U S of A.

• First time taking it out of the country last week and the damn thing wouldn't work! I could only receive text messages but couldn't send anything. Before leaving I took it to the Verizon store to get something activated on it (SIM card?). Something got screwed up and didn't take all the way so I was shut down totally. :doh:

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!