GWNF VI - May 17th - 20th, 2007

• if anyone happened to catch my jeep in action doing anything i would be happy to pay for printing,

josh had a good time he's not sure if he can get the same time off next year . he said he would let me know.

i had a good time wished i had e.f.i. so i could have played on the hill but there's always next year. maybe new motor ??????

• Here's mine...

"I mean, I've always been a libertarian. Leave everybody alone. Let everybody else do what they want. Just stay out of everybody else's hair." - Clint Eastwood -

• SAME HERE!!!!

HEY, I PAID MY FREAKIN' DUES!!!!

• Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• I made it home around 4:15 pm, unloaded the Jeep and crashed out for a few hrs. ZZZZZ.......

I had an awesome time as usual. Didn't get many pics though. Can't wait for the next one. :innocent:

• if anyone happened to catch my jeep in action doing anything i would be happy to pay for printing,

josh had a good time he's not sure if he can get the same time off next year . he said he would let me know.

i had a good time wished i had e.f.i. so i could have played on the hill but there's always next year. maybe new motor ??????

We have several pics of your Jeep in action. Will bring them to the next meeting if you can wait that long. I will probably have some posted up here soon the in next day or so.

Donny, we also have plenty of pics of your Jeep too.

• Saturday report:

DrJ led for the most part.

We did Dry River which was pretty low.

John, one of our new friends from NJ did manage to find a deep spot:

Only damage was to his Cell phone.

From there we found a nice mudhole to play in. Donnie tried it first and couldn't make it. Patti and then Steve tried to yank him through to no avail. He winched himself out.

Shawn in his CJ8 tried next and got stuck. He winched himself out too.

Steve tried to get the JK through but didn't make it and had to be winched out.

Chuck tried it in the FJ and blasted through. Urbancrawler was the only other to make it though unassisted.

From there we headed out to the road.

We ran into a couple locals that had buried an old F250 severely in a mud hole.

Two tires we off the rim with a third going down.

Chuckwagen decided to offer up the FJ w/ winch to try to pull him out. After several attempts and moving the direction of pull we got him out of the hole and left.

It's funny, of the 2 or 3 times we've lent assistance in GWNF, it's always been to locals that come out ill prepared. This guy didn't even have a jack.

I'm sure there are some pics and maybe a video of this operation. It took about an hour.

Anyway from there we headed up to Meadow Knob. This was relaxing and uneventful and offered a great view as always. From there we headed back to camp.

The nitely campfires were probably as much fun as the riding if not more, but like many things in life are beyond description.

The weather wasn't the greatest this trip but we survived and made the best of it.

The site of 20-25 people sitting out in the rain around the fire with rainsuits and umbrellas sticks in my mind.

Those that have been there know what I mean. Those that haven't should join us sometime.

Sunday we packed up and left and stopped for breakfast in Harrisonburg. This was a great ending and I think we may do it again next time.

All in all it was great trip.

• The NEXT GWNF trip is planned for August 16-19, 2007. We're trying to do this before kids go back to school, teachers go back to work etc. Post up now on the NEW thread for date questions and possible changes.

• Hey all,
    had a blast and i know there has to be a pic with more water pouring out lol...
    tried viewing some of the galleries and couldn't ???. will be monitoring the forum to keep up with when the next trip is.

Rob's brakes held up for the whole 10+ hour trip home.
    Talk to ya soon.

• Got this PM from ROB, the other Jersey guy not named John.................or Ed or George..........

just wanted to let you know we made it home ok
    cluch / brakes fine
    also wanted to say thanks for havin us
    we had a great time hope to do it again
    everyone was very cool to hang around with

i will send the pics i have as soon as i can

thanks again
    rob

• Ummm George is a Delaware guy don't you guys know each other? ::) ;D

It really stinks when you get a phone for free....then have to pay $50 to replace it. And i work for Verizon on top of it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!