2007 Jamboree

• I just looked on the website, it has some more info on it. Its like $200 bucks a person for adults. Its cool that they are going to Paragon, I just need to see what else it involves for that kind of money. I have never been though and think it may be fun. :spinrhead:

93 YJ 5spd w/ 4.10s, 3.5&WCF_AMPERSAND" black diamond suspension lift, 33&WCF_AMPERSAND" BFG all-terrains, crager 397s, alpine mp3 head unit and amp, 4.0TB, K&amp;N air intake<br />2008 Commander Rocky Mountain Edition 4.7 V8 (no mods yet, but prob soon)

• I can't seem to find on their website what you get for that $200 - $250... Does that include some sort of hotel accommodations? Loads of Jeep clothing / promotional stuff?

I have to imagine having a jamboree at Wharton will be a mess. You end up spending a lot of time waiting on stuck rigs with just a medium sized group, I can't imagine a whole load of people there trying to wheel at the same time.... ;)

• The wife and I go to 1 a year , we are looking at 24th Appalachian - Oct 12, 13, 14 - Murphy, North Carolina this year . Went to Snowshoe, West Virginia last year and to Bethel, Maine the year before that .

85 cj7 4&quot; suspension 1&quot; body lift on 33X13.50 swampers , Ford 9&quot; / arb , t18 trans , dana 300 t case , and a efi 5.0 from a 93 gt . ( soon to have dana 44 and arb in the front )

• I went to a Jamboree and its cool the first time but I would rather wheel with DEJA :up:. But if you have time and money to burn hey why not. Thay didnt like some of my mods. on my jeep. Thy look your jeep over and tell you what class or group to be in and run you around like cattle. Dont get me wrong it was fun. But I dont have the time or the money :spinrhead:

• personally, i dont think it is worth the 250 per person......(considering lodging is not included)

i think i'd rather get a small group of friends together get a hotel and go that way ....it would be cheaper anyways

• The fee for a Jeep Jamboree includes two days of access to the trails (sometimes private property not otherwise available for wheeling), experienced guides, chances for their free drawings, and a couple of souvenirs. The standard fee (usually $250-$275) also includes most meals. Their new "trail only" fee (about $200) excludes meals. You must provide for your own accomodations, either camping or hoteling.

I have attended a couple of Jamborees (in the Adirondaks and in Maine). In my opinion they were worth it. I got to ride trails that are not otherwise open to off-roading, and met a bunch of new people. They are especially good for new jeepers and for unmodified jeeps. I still hope to do a few more as vacations, maybe in Colorado or Texas, but not near home.

I would tend not to recommend the Jamborees near home, like Paragon and Pine Barrens, because our club has trail rides there that you can do for a heck of a lot less money and with people you already know. Paragon also has open rides each month for individuals -- check their website.

• I personally am gunna try for the KIllington VT trip. that just sounds like a blast and thats onw thats not normally open to wheelers which i think is pretty cool. If anyone would like to go up with me. shoot me a PM.

*bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*<br /><br />&quot;Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. <br />One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.&quot;

• The fee for a Jeep Jamboree includes two days of access to the trails (sometimes private property not otherwise available for wheeling), experienced guides, chances for their free drawings, and a couple of souvenirs. The standard fee (usually $250-$275) also includes most meals. Their new "trail only" fee (about $200) excludes meals. You must provide for your own accomodations, either camping or hoteling.

I have attended a couple of Jamborees (in the Adirondaks and in Maine). In my opinion they were worth it. I got to ride trails that are not otherwise open to off-roading, and met a bunch of new people. They are especially good for new jeepers and for unmodified jeeps. I still hope to do a few more as vacations, maybe in Colorado or Texas, but not near home.

I would tend not to recommend the Jamborees near home, like Paragon and Pine Barrens, because our club has trail rides there that you can do for a heck of a lot less money and with people you already know. Paragon also has open rides each month for individuals -- check their website.

Agreed. I did Wharton last year which was an absolute blast and I met a ton of cool, new Jeepers, but for how much you spend you may as well save it. It's worth it only if you go somewhere you've never been before.

You do own a hairdryer don&#039;t you she asked? Of course I do, he replied, it&#039;s in the driveway, it&#039;s called a Jeep.<br /><br />Current - 97 TJ, 99 WJ, 12 Scion tC<br />Past - 94 ZJ, 02 TJ, 06 Rubicon, 06 XK, 07 Scion tC

• is the $250 a yearly pass? or do you have to pay each time you go?

I believe that is just for that particular weekend.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• is the $250 a yearly pass? or do you have to pay each time you go?

If it was a yearly pass more people would go to them! It's a pay each time you go deal. $250 per person with meals. Kids are $125 I believe. The trips without meals tend to be cheaper, and I think you'd be better off going on one of those since the food isn't the greatest (a dry sandwich, a piece of fruit, a soda, a miniature candy bar).

You do own a hairdryer don&#039;t you she asked? Of course I do, he replied, it&#039;s in the driveway, it&#039;s called a Jeep.<br /><br />Current - 97 TJ, 99 WJ, 12 Scion tC<br />Past - 94 ZJ, 02 TJ, 06 Rubicon, 06 XK, 07 Scion tC

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!