Tire Choices

• Anyone have any good input on good street tires? I'm selling my MTR's for a good set of AT's or a better MT.

Here is what I've been looking at:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/…l=Geolandar+A%2FT+Plus+II

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/…odel=Road+Venture+MT+KL71

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/…reModel=Dueler+A%2FT+Revo

I just want something that will handle well in the rain and wear very well on the road. Looking for a cheaper tire too. I know those aren't exactly "cheap", but I know they are good. Any input? ???

You do own a hairdryer don&#039;t you she asked? Of course I do, he replied, it&#039;s in the driveway, it&#039;s called a Jeep.<br /><br />Current - 97 TJ, 99 WJ, 12 Scion tC<br />Past - 94 ZJ, 02 TJ, 06 Rubicon, 06 XK, 07 Scion tC

• I loved my AT Revos. very sticky tread for roads and pretty good offroad, too. only times I got stuck in Wharton is when I bottomed out on the frame. they're the only ones I have direct knowledge about.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• BFG's and don't look back. You'll never regret it. M/T or A/T are awesome tires.

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• for price and ride quality both on and off road as well as tread wear BFG AT and MT are awesome. i put 70k on my AT's just got a set of 35 MT's

• Well I have BFG ATs on my TJ and ZJ. Haven't driven on them much in ZJ, but I know TJ's handle like crap in the rain. I am forever hydroplaning. We also have no shoulders out here on the roads so when it rains water tends to pool IN the roads. The BFGs don't like that either. ???

I'd really like to do a MT, but apparently all of them suck when it's wet out. That and tread life are my main concern.

You do own a hairdryer don&#039;t you she asked? Of course I do, he replied, it&#039;s in the driveway, it&#039;s called a Jeep.<br /><br />Current - 97 TJ, 99 WJ, 12 Scion tC<br />Past - 94 ZJ, 02 TJ, 06 Rubicon, 06 XK, 07 Scion tC

• My Claws never sucked in the rain. They work really well actually. You just don't get any treadlife. :doh:

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• My M/T's only sucked in the rain when they were brand new. Once you worked the hard rubber off the initial tread they were fine.

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• Oh such choices. If only someone had an answer to fit all our needs... I think most of the offroad boards will die from lack of postings the day someone says "Hey, this tire works great in every possible condition whether it be water, ice, snow, sand, mud, rocks, or even flowing lava!", and it were true... ;D

• Oh such choices. If only someone had an answer to fit all our needs... I think most of the offroad boards will die from lack of postings the day someone says "Hey, this tire works great in every possible condition whether it be water, ice, snow, sand, mud, rocks, or even flowing lava!", and it were true... ;D

Haha! :laughing: :spinrhead:

I hate choosing tires.

I think Jerry talked me into bighorns.

• I am planning on buying a set of Bighorns next fall that I will stud and run as my dedicated winter set. If I like them, which I think I will, I will get a summer set as well...

i didnt think it was legal in Delaware to run a studded tire or chains?

• really where can i get more information on this?

Motor Vehicles
    Operation and Equipment
    CHAPTER 43. EQUIPMENT AND CONSTRUCTION OF VEHICLES
    Subchapter I. Equipment Requirements
    § 4302. Projections from periphery of tires; exceptions.

(a) No tire on a vehicle moved on a highway shall have on its periphery any block, stud, flange, cleat or spike or any other protuberances of any material other than rubber which projects beyond the tread of the traction surface of the tire, except as otherwise provided in this section. Farm machinery with tires having protuberances which will not injure the highway may be used, and tire chains of reasonable proportions may be used upon any vehicle when required for safety because of snow, ice or other conditions tending to cause a vehicle to slide or skid.

(b) The use of studded tires on all motor vehicles using the highways of this State is permitted from October 15 to April 15. (36 Del. Laws, c. 10, § 121; Code 1935, § 5659; 21 Del. C. 1953, § 4302; 58 Del. Laws, c. 128.)

http://www.delcode.state.de.us/title21/c043/sc01/index.htm

• if you're just looking for a cheap tire to run with studs in the wintertime, then looking into the general Grabber MT. dirt cheap, and has holes in it already for mounting the studs. that'll keep your winter tire price lower and save you more money for the better summer/crawling tires.
    chris

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!