Little Help with light bar

• OK here is the deal i bought a light bar for my jeep. But come to find out i need to cut 2 and half inch's off each side.My problem is don't have anything i can cut it with. Is there anyone out there that can lend a hand. I have the part and cash. Its a Carr light bar and the metal is not really thick. Is would more then likely take me longer to drive somewhere then for someone to cut it. So if you have a few minutes this weekend. And are kind of close to south jersey let me know. Thank you.

• Dude, save the money in gas and cash you'd use taking it to somebody and go buy a cheapy hacksaw at your local hardware store. You may also want to pick up a file to smooth off the burrs, but since the cut ends slide into the mounting brackets, you don't really need to worry about the burrs. And believe me, it is super easy. It's exactly what I used on my Carr lightbar.

• Dude, save the money in gas and cash you'd use taking it to somebody and go buy a cheapy hacksaw at your local hardware store. You may also want to pick up a file to smooth off the burrs, but since the cut ends slide into the mounting brackets, you don't really need to worry about the burrs. And believe me, it is super easy. It's exactly what I used on my Carr lightbar.

X2
    or a dremal with a cutting disk also.

• One tool everyone should have is a 4½" angle grinder (hand held grinder). I get the super thin cutting wheels and cut through all types of metal. It's probably the tool most used in my garage.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• One tool everyone should have is a 4½" angle grinder (hand held grinder). I get the super thin cutting wheels and cut through all types of metal. It's probably the tool most used in my garage.

X 2!!!!

Not a good idea on the Carr...the metal is so thin that it will warp or he will cut off way too much....it'd be like a hot knife through air.

• just use a phillips screwdriver and hammer to punch a starter hole/dent then drill! use a smaller bit first, half the size of the final bit you'll use.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• I allways pilot drill 1/8 hole. Use a punch or philips driver as said to make a small dent, drill slow, and use some a little household oil to keep the bit cool. Also you can invest is a set if step drills, these work great. After you drill, spray some paint in a cup and dap with a Q-tip and paint the exposed metal and seal with a good silicone. Black RTV works great.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

Edited once, last by deadfeat ().

• Those step up drill bits are too friggin expensive to make them worthwhile for me. They do work well though.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Those step up drill bits are too friggin expensive to make them worthwhile for me. They do work well though.

Costco sells a 4 pack for 20 bucks , also you can get even cheaper at Harbor frieght.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!