Viking Soft Tops - Anyone know the story?

• Anyone know any details around the "production hold" on the Viking soft tops? Trying to understand if they had quality issues or if it's something else and when they may be back up and running.

I sent them an email last week but haven't heard anything back yet........

• This is all here-say but I was talking to a guy up at RC about his Viking soft-top and he said that it was a patent issue. Apparently Viking used the design of some guy that died and his widow sued them for patent infringement.

Like I said, don't hold me to that.

• There was a design issue with the tops. The seams were coming apart and leaking, IRC. Some had issues with them and some didn't. So, they stopped production until they fixed the problem. There is a few threads on the issue at ROF(Rubicon owners forum)

• I got an e-mail last week from Viking

John,
    Yes we are finally back in production and the first tops will be ready to
    ship roughly in the middle of April. I'll send you an email to let you know
    when.

Thanks

Thór Jónsson

• can you post up when/if you hear back that things are in production? I'll keep checking the Viking site as well.

• We are dealers for them and awaiting the call when they are available again. The seam issue is not why they stopped making them, that was a small issue that was fixed before they stopped making them. Everyone I know with one loves them so hopefully they will be good to go when they resume production.

• great tops.

if anyone is not familiar with how they look, let me know and I'll post a picture of mine.

I haven't had any quality problems with mine, and mine was in that group of production problems. Hopefully all stays well with it.

It held up great in the winter.

BTW, its fits 10 times better if you have the roll bar padding on your bars. If not....its just okay.

• I wouldn't mind seeing some pics.

• it uses the Bestop channel (not included), so it bolts on like their "Header" bikini tops.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• anyone heard anything more on this.................my soft top is leaking pretty bad so I need to make a move soon. I'm going to try some temporary "bandages" don't think they will last. I know as soon as I buy something else, they will become avail. again.

I wonder they only shipped from Viking or if dealers actually stocked them. Maybe I could get lucky and find someone that still has one.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!