Viking Soft Tops - Anyone know the story?

• I e-mailed Zach because I am going to order one also.
    [quote author=Zach from A to Z]
    Absolutely. I just received an e-mail from them last week and they are working on building up inventory and their shipping program so it should be somewhat soon...hopefully. I think they are planning some time in May for the re-release.
    Thanks, Billy.
    --
    Zach Vaughn.
    AtoZ Fabrication, Inc.
    570-385-3931
    [/quote]

• Thanks, spoke with Zach. Hope they don't slide past May for the re-release.......................my 3 yr old was having a fit yesterday because his head/back was getting dripped on.

• These guys are killing me...................still nothing on a confirmed availability date. Anyone hear anything.

• .............my 3 yr old was having a fit yesterday because his head/back was getting dripped on.

Take some clear RTV and smear it on the holes the water is getting through.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• i realize that the look and features of the viking top are pretty unique; but if you are having this much trouble just buying one from them then how do you think any "service after the sale" might be down the road? in the meantime maybe you can find an OEM softtop that has low miles on it?

• yeah, I thought about that. I've heard nothing but great things about the tops and the service outside of this production hault so I'm hoping things will get back to normal for them once everthing is back in production. KnoxRents has offered up a spare OEM softtop that I can borrow for awhile. Thinking I'm going to take him up on it sometime this week or next.

In the end, it is the features and looks that drive me to the Viking. OEM just doesn't match-up. Closest thing I've seen is the California tops but have heard mixed things about quality and bad things about service.

• not to be an idiot but what's RTV? Where do I get it?

RTV / "gasket maker" / silicone sealant. You can get tubes of it at most auto part stores and hardware stores.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• These guys are killing me...................still nothing on a confirmed availability date. Anyone hear anything.

2 weeks. they are in production right now. they are building up stock right now to make sure they have enough for the rerelease

*bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*<br /><br />&quot;Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. <br />One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.&quot;

• Kind of weird they would make one for the JK first. Seems like it would be a smaller market to me.

Well, considering that a good percentage of the JKs are sold with only the hardtop, and the factory 2dr soft top is $1320 if you buy it later and the 4dr top is $1480... there is a big demand for JK soft tops. Apparently, the Bestop Supertops aren't up to par, quality-wise. I've heard a lot of complaints about them.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

• Looks pretty good. I like the idea of a liner.

I prefer going topless and doorless though.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Slimer i passed you in Dover yesterday. and you didnt even look at me. Granted i was in the Grand. but look out i am gonna be a member here soon. HAHAHAHA

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• I was driving without a speedometer or gas gauge so I was concentrating on the engine noise to determine my speed (and calculating how far I can go before I gas up again).

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Inquired with Off-Road heros last week on the TJ tops......................here was his response. Not sure if I still won't wait a bit for Viking but we will see if his time lines are any more accurate that what Viking has been saying....

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Friday, June 20, 2008 3:27 PM
    To: Cross, Jason T1 (JPMChase)
    Subject: Re: TJ Soft Top Release

Hello Jason,

I hope to have the TJ top photographed and up on the site by the end of
    next week or if not then soon after. I will send you the pics too.
    Please feel free to spread the word.

• just checked the viking site again, they have an update on there as of 6/22 that tops are coming. They also have an email sign-up for a priority/waiting list for the tops once they are ready to ship.

• Here is the update I received today:

We will be taking orders for the first batch this week and next. Call me direct for special DEJA pricing.

• for the JK guys.... Bestop just released their "Trektop" to compete with Viking and Offroadheros. http://www.quadratec.com/produ…uct_search.php?kw=TREKTOP Pricing is pretty reasonable, no idea on ETA, though.

Jerry / Whatevah

• I just found out my dealer pricing and we are doing the first five orders at $625 with FREE SHIPPING. We have two units of the five claimed so far so if you are ready for one now please call. After the first five we will sell them at $640, plus $35 shipping.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!