Access closed

• According to Cape Henlopen State Park office, as of 09:45 this morning beach access points are closed as a result of the the most recent storm. They might be open by the weekend. For additional info the park office number is: 302-645-8983.

• Watch out for the unexploded WWII bombs!

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• CRAP! I took off work on Friday to go surf fishing... is it just the beach access or can I not drive in on any of the access points...

I was going to drink beer and fish... now it looks like I'm down to beer...

• WOW! Where's the beach? Do you know if looks like that all the way to Indian River Bridge?

These pics were from CHSP
    Not sure about the IRI . I was gonna check that out on Thursday night .

:sniffle:
    That is going to cut back on the fishing

Might make it better now the sandbar is gone

what are those cement things? did they wash up from the ocean?

Looks to be some old pilings for a WWII bunker (i'm guessing ) I doubt they washed up there . they might have been
    uncovered tho .

CRAP! I took off work on Friday to go surf fishing... is it just the beach access or can I not drive in on any of the access points...

I was going to drink beer and fish... now it looks like I'm down to beer...

When I went down this AM you were not allowed to drive on either .

• I just called the Cape Henlopen office and the woman who answered the hone said that the surf fishing beaches are currently open and will only be closed this weekend due to bad weather.

She said that the pier was closed before the storm hit.

• I was there for several days last week (obviously before the storm) and the pier was closed then but all of the other access was open. BTW the beach around the cape were in much better shape than like key box and 3r's. I wonder if now its the other way around. maybe If someone gets down this weekend they could advise. thanks

• I just called the Cape Henlopen office and the woman who answered the hone said that the surf fishing beaches are currently open and will only be closed this weekend due to bad weather.

She said that the pier was closed before the storm hit.

Yeah the pier was closed to do the pilings and it being unsafe .

The Navy Crossing is still closed as of today but Herring Point was open, but it closes at dusk .

There is not a go between from HP to the NC . That area is off limits to vehicle traffic as far as I know

The inlet was open on the north side at Faithful Steward . The sand is in great shape there but a massive sand bar
    at the waters edge is there now . First time I was there this year

• does any one know if access points are still closed at cape henlopen, and if there are any problems getting on down at the inlet.

• thanks, glad to hear every thing is u and running. as far as the equipment goes I carry 90% of the stuff every day anyway, all I got to do is grab a pole and bait. See ya on the serf :wavey:.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!