Bye everyone

• Well everyone, I have succumbed to the rising cost of gas. :cuss: I had to trade my Jeep in. ;( I now have a Nissan Altima. It has been a great time hanging out with everyone. You are all a great bunch of peeps. I will be posting up some extras that I have that I will be selling on the swap meet forum. Thanks again for a fun 2 years. Everyone take care and I will see you out on the road. :wavey:

• do what i did...sold the 03, bought a 30MPG car, and picked up a 1500 YJ to play with (now a 3,500 YJ but its fun)

i have my daily driver, and a decent jeep to go doorless with when im in the mood

• dont bet on it

x2

The answer is to buy a cheap beater that gets over 25mpg. Saves on gas AND miles on the Jeep.

...and I'm with SLOPAR, I'll pay for gas, I love being a Jeeper far too much to sell out.

• I'm hearing that by Thanksgiving Gas will be back to $2 a gallon :shrug:

the only way this will happen is if they find an alternative fuel, or start drilling in the gulf. regardless, im putting the jeep on cinder blocks if it hits $4.30 a gallon

• News report I read the other day said that Gas is going to continue to rise. They think $5 buy the end of summer. They said it will level out late 2009 but not lower, just hit a peak and stay there. Im praying they are wrong. Cause I will not be selling the jeep for a car, Ill just be walking at that point.

• Ive come really close to trading in for a car a few times this month. I just really don't want to give in to "the man" this easily, I think I am gonna wait till after the election to see what I will do

• When I get my Xj back together it too will be received a for sale sign. I bought a 99' Tacoma which gets low 20's when I'm not beating on it. Factory locker and whatever else. I'm still gonna wheel and camp, just need something more efficient. Doesn't mean I'll stop harassing everyone on here either...

"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

• you are lucky I'm not in the country... :censored:
    you drive across the street just like I do... what's 12 mpg when you only drive 4 miles a day!!!
    get the wife a good mpg car and stick with the Jeep, don't do anything rash...

oh wait too late.

I'm all for nice new cars and suv's (as rentals) but I will always drive a Jeep.

look forward to giving you sh... when I get back.

oh and if you make TSgt there is your gas money!

• I look at it like this
    the Jeep is paid off
    A new car will force me into a payment and higher insurance

In the end I'm still paying the same or more to get another ride.

• I look at it like this
    the Jeep is paid off
    A new car will force me into a payment and higher insurance

In the end I'm still paying the same or more to get another ride.

X2

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!