What have you done to your Jeep today?

• on saturday i wheeled it a couple scratches on the skids, and it performed very well. the bug is biting again......

• If its a tight fit between the seats, will the amp get enough air to keep cool?

Yeah only the top quarter of the amp hits the seat cushion and the rest has room for air flow. Plus the vent blows towards the console anyways. Haven't determined yet where to mount the axe and shovel yet. Will work on that and the fire extinguisher mounts as the weather allows this week.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• Finally got to get the Hurculiner in the tub today. Stuff was a easy to work with. Also did the rockers, under the tail gate and stock bumpers till I get aftermarket ones. Now if I could get the stuff off my arms:( :bang:

• Finally got to get the Hurculiner in the tub today. Stuff was a easy to work with. Also did the rockers, under the tail gate and stock bumpers till I get aftermarket ones. Now if I could get the stuff off my arms:( :bang:

Try gas.... works 4 me.

Anytime you take your 20+ year old jeep apart plan on fixing more them you intended.

• Classic thread on what to do if you get Herculiner on your , um, ah, well your hotous!..

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18595

That's classic. I wore gloves at first but reached and leaned where I should not haved and also poking at it to see if it was still tacky after the first coat. Going to do the gas thing in a bit. I have a 1/2 gallon of the stuff left and thinking the frame but don't know yet.

• Mounted my bumper.

[img width=900 height=1200]http://www.delawareja.com/gall…nloadItem&g2_itemId=41761[/img]

[img width=1200 height=900]http://www.delawareja.com/gall…nloadItem&g2_itemId=41764[/img]

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Well after a few months down I gave it one final push yesterday and got Lisas TJ back on the road. Re-geared the front axle to match the rear, installed front lockrite, antirock up front, AtoZ rear bumper, JKS mml, and a ton of anti seize later, its alive!

• Go my LEDs for the dash in the mail today. Pulling out the old bulbs showed why they were so stinking dim. The PO had bought those blue bulb covers and installed them. Sad thing is that they looked nothing like blue... even when I had them on outside of the cluster. Here's a few before and after shots...and yes, they were that dim (the dimmer was all the way up)!

LEDs

With the LEDs under the dash

Anyone want 10 standard bulbs with blue covers that don't shine blue?

• http://www.amazon.com/gp/produ…o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I got 10 LEDs b/c the thread I read on JF stated that you only needed 6 total... 2 for speedo and tach and 2 for center cluster. I figured I'd have some left over as replacements. :shrug: Well I'm sure glad I got 10 b/c I used them all!! There are 6 bulbs in the center cluster alone... 3 on each side of the clock plus two each for the larger gauges. Thing is, after just looking at my order on Amazon, I think they only gave me the LEDs with 5 SMDs (surface mounted diodes?). I installed them after it got dark so I could get some before and after photos. I'll pull one just to be sure but if these are that bright @ 5 SMDs, then 20 SMDs might be way overkill.

Now I need to find a replacement for the tiny bulb on top of the steering column (Gear selector). I just took it out for now until I find one. Anyone happen to know what size that bulb is? It's not on the bulb itself.

I am also thinking of installing white faces on the gauges but I'm not sure yet. The gauges now are plenty bright with the black faces and I'm not sure how much brighter they'd look since white is so much more reflective. I still want to be able to see through my windshield when driving at night. Right now they don't glare so bright that they reflect off me and the windshield. They're just about perfect. I've seen some colored faces as well... maybe a black/carbon fiber face with white or green numbers.

PS- I thought I had gotten a few bad LEDs but all it took was reinstalling the bulb in the opposite way. Apparently that's important. :doh: Also, if anyone's wondering what's blocking the light between the fuel gauge and the clock, that would be the bottom of my holster mounted to the dash.

Edited once, last by Kuntryboy816 ().

• Took out the center console again and repainted it. Used Rustoleum Hammered silver on the inside and Hammered Black on the outside. Figured that the lighter color of the silver inside would make it easier to find stuff when digging around. Also, since my Maglite is mounted in the box, I can now turn it on while mounted and it lights up the inside of the console. The silver color helps that as well. I also unmouted the amp off of the side of the console. It was just too tight a fit and it wasn't very comfortable sitting with my hip directly against the side of the console. On to the next project..........

• Took out the center console again and repainted it. Used Rustoleum Hammered silver on the inside and Hammered Black on the outside. Figured that the lighter color of the silver inside would make it easier to find stuff when digging around. Also, since my Maglite is mounted in the box, I can now turn it on while mounted and it lights up the inside of the console. The silver color helps that as well. I also unmouted the amp off of the side of the console. It was just too tight a fit and it wasn't very comfortable sitting with my hip directly against the side of the console. On to the next project..........

Shoot a clear coat over it ... will help it to last much much longer and make it very scratch resistant

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Finally got around to painting the steering column. Looks a huckuva lot better than the scratched-up and dirty tan color it was before.

While I was at it I checked the LEDs that I recently installed and found out that they were indeed the 5SMD bulbs instead of the 20SMD bulbs I paid for. Here's another pic of my dash at dusk. What's y'alls opinion? Should I return them and get the 20SMDs?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!