What have you done to your Jeep today?

• When I worked in Wilmington we had competitions to see who could spot the strangest stuff on the streets, sidewalks and lawns. There were the usual constant food wrappers, empty bottles of cheap booze, used prophylactics, discarded chicken bones and shoes...why is there always just one shoe?

Being as I live and work in the city (and get around in the city in my work car all day long) I also see tons of stuff. Random pieces of someone's weave in the middle of the street. And there was actually 3 shoes in the direct vicinity of where I parked...always an odd number.

• Being as I live and work in the city (and get around in the city in my work car all day long) I also see tons of stuff. Random pieces of someone's weave in the middle of the street. And there was actually 3 shoes in the direct vicinity of where I parked...always an odd number.

Those weaves always crack me up! Mostly colors not found in nature and you just have to wonder how it got there and why is an abandoned weave just laying in the street. I've never spotted a complete pair of shoes in Wilmington either...even the odd numbers seem to never contain a complete matching pair. Got to ask about the three where you parked...did any match?

• Being as I live and work in the city (and get around in the city in my work car all day long) I also see tons of stuff. Random pieces of someone's weave in the middle of the street. And there was actually 3 shoes in the direct vicinity of where I parked...always an odd number.

I believe those are called tumble weaves.

• Drive it to work for a week before you hit the trail. you'll be happy you did :)

I agree with Sal. I took mine on the trail with ZERO wear. Freshly mounted and onto the jeep to anthracite. The side walls didn't flex at all even at 12psi, and the grip was crappy. They weren't even broken in after the whole ride. After lighting them up on trail 5 hill climb next RC trip, they were gripping nicely and the sidewalls would actually flex to allow the tire to conform to changing surfaces.

• I agree with Sal. I took mine on the trail with ZERO wear. Freshly mounted and onto the jeep to anthracite. The side walls didn't flex at all even at 12psi, and the grip was crappy. They weren't even broken in after the whole ride. After lighting them up on trail 5 hill climb next RC trip, they were gripping nicely and the sidewalls would actually flex to allow the tire to conform to changing surfaces.

and by "lighting them up" he means "burning rubber for 15 straight minutes" on trail 5 before they just barely started rounding their edges and grabbed. couldn't make it up until they broke in (those missing chunks are good!). mine at 40% have better traction than yours do right now :)

EDIT: if that isn't enough, when I spoke to Bigelow he told me he drives his new tires up and around the block on pavement until they start to break in before he takes them to a competition.

• Started Stage one on the CJ, Yesterday!

Started off the day like this,

Ended up like this,

Installed 33/1250/15 MTRs, and Smittybilt Tube fenders. Followed that up with Cutting out the rear wheel wells for TJ flares and Warn Rocker Guards. Im really happy with how well it flexes. The only lift Im running is a 3/4" shackle lift. I can flex out the front and still hit the factory bump stops before hitting anything on the fender. The rear lightly touches the front of the wheel well about an inch before impacting the bump stop (Nothing a little more trimming and lowering the bump stop cant fix).

• Got my beadlocks this weekend and my flat fenders. Now I need to get the fenders on and find either some nasty trail tires or some at streets and run my mtrs on the beadlocks. Still on the fence on that one. Probably just depends what pops up.

• Got my beadlocks this weekend and my flat fenders. Now I need to get the fenders on and find either some nasty trail tires or some at streets and run my mtrs on the beadlocks. Still on the fence on that one. Probably just depends what pops up.

What size rim are those bead locks? I have some Pitbull Rockers for sale that would work well if they fit.

• There 15x10's. I considered it when I saw your rockers but Ive still got a d30 in the front and Im pretty sure anything bigger than 35's will have me breaking axle parts before I even get out of the parking lot.
    Thats next winters project is to build a front axle and go long arm. Then Ill be looking for 37's. Infact I talked to my buddy this weekend that builds hybrid axles and we are throwing around the idea of a front hp44 with reid racing d30 outers and a d60 r&p conversion. Nice and light with high clearance.

• I did the responsible thing since my jeep is my dd and ordered a set of falken rocky mountain at's. The Mtr's will go on the beadlocks and ill be ready to wheel by the club comp. Discount tire has some smokin good deals on them by the way. Cheaper than what Ive seen guys asking for used ones lately.

• Just replaced my rear shocks , and lower RE shock studs that were damaged at RC. The bent front drive shaft just got re-tubed with DOM so it should be stronger, Props to Brian @ Quigley4x4 4x4 for great service. Should have the shaft back Thursday to install.

Clearly RC is dirt cheap to wheel at when compared to the repairs after... :P

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

Edited once, last by deadfeat ().

• got the new JKS discos installed today so no more squeeks-yea. New shift knob, day star dash pad, toggle switch vent thing and mounted surf rack to cargo carrier.

• Sanded and painted my new to me front tube fenders last night. Went with undercoating topped with gloss black so they are nice and ruggid. Also started painting beadlock rings but silver was to bright for me so Im gonna pick up some black hammered paint today.

• Installed a Spartan locker in the front axle, along with Mike marker hubs. Added a leaf from a stock yj pack to the rear to level things out a bit. Now I'm waiting for the rear axle shafts to show up so I can install them with the rear locker.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!