Differential Protection

• Are you happy with those?

I know initially they seemed to not work that well.

I only have one on the front but it's been leak free for about a year and a half and been off about a half dozen times. They are also great if you have an issue on the trail. No RTV mess or setup.

• I never even used the drain hole. I like to inspect my diffs when I change the fluid.

I also like to take the cover off completely when changing the fluid.

Dumb question then... The hole that is shown in the picture below is a fill plug? Then you have the option to purchase an additional hole for draining?

• Dumb question then... The hole that is shown in the picture below is a fill plug? Then you have the option to purchase an additional hole for draining?

yes, that's the fill plug. you can see the drain hole toward the bottom of my covers. you can also see how they would get beat all to hell.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• Why would you want a drain plug? 50% of the reason in taking the cover off is to check the condition of the gears. especially if you use it offroad on a regular basis....

i agree. i bought mine a while ago. i would buy them with slightly different options knowing what i do now.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• I only have one on the front but it's been leak free for about a year and a half and been off about a half dozen times. They are also great if you have an issue on the trail. No RTV mess or setup.

x2. front and rear for me. it's a few extra dollars well spent.

~ JD

• Are you happy with those?
    I know initially they seemed to not work that well.

I have them front and rear, have had both covers off probably 6-8 times total, and they are still going strong with no leaks. Just be careful when removing from the cover and clean the surfaces before each re-installation. :up:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!