What, No Jeepers Code????

• Like anyone else, I'd have to size up the situation before making a "help/don't help" decision, and, of course, I'd have about 2 seconds to do that. If I think my child, girlfriend and I won't have our own safety compromised, I'm down for helping a stranded person. I really like being part of the Jeep community, but for me it's not so much a "Jeep thing" as it is a personal code. What can I say...I'm still a Boy Scout at heart.

IMHO, for the ladies and anyone else who might feel compromised in Flav's scenario, keep in mind that just calling it in to 911 is in itself providing some help. At least that's my $.02.

I agree 100% :laughabove:

Neill

In a perfect world every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog.

• IMHO, for the ladies and anyone else who might feel compromised in Flav's scenario, keep in mind that just calling it in to 911 is in itself providing some help. At least that's my $.02.

so........are you saying that if i were broken down on the side of the road i should call 911? or are you saying that if i drive by and don't feel comfortable enough to stop and help i should call 911 for them? um, sorry, but i don't think that either constitute an emergency. maybe a 411 call to get connected to roadside service, but not a 911 emergency.

at least that's my $.02. :peace:

• so........are you saying that if i were broken down on the side of the road i should call 911? or are you saying that if i drive by and don't feel comfortable enough to stop and help i should call 911 for them? um, sorry, but i don't think that either constitute an emergency. maybe a 411 call to get connected to roadside service, but not a 911 emergency.

at least that's my $.02. :peace:

Keep in mind the context of that statement I made. In Flav's scenario, he's in the middle of a busy, major bridge. No shoulder, no breakdown lane, no nothing. That's more than an inconvenience. That's an accident waiting to happen -- at least that's how I read it. I don't want to get into a debate on abusing the 911 system, but let's just say that notifying authorities of the situation by "some means" is a good thing. Perhaps it doesn't have to be a 911 call. Better?

When engaged in conversation with a fool, be sure he is not similarly engaged.
    Chief, DEJA Grammar Police

• i have to agree with chief just making a call when you think the situation is not one to stop for is the right idea. if is was uncomfortable for you it probably is uncomfortable for the majority. and if it is truly unsafe its best that the personnel that is paid to keep us safe is called in. at least cop cars have really bright flashers. and if it is someone up to no good... who better to take care of the situation.

what is really sad about the world we live in is how cautious and paranoid we have to be about every situation.

.,=======o00o<br />//__|__l__,\___\,___<br />l_---\__|__|---&#91;]lllllll&#91;] _<br />(o)_)____(o)_)--o-)_)__

• Here's a Jeep Code:

If I saw a Jeep broken down ANYWHERE with a DeJA sticker, I'd stop. With my family or not, on a bridge in Philly or not...

• that sucks at least wave at me as you pass cause i don't have a deja sticker.

.,=======o00o<br />//__|__l__,\___\,___<br />l_---\__|__|---&#91;]lllllll&#91;] _<br />(o)_)____(o)_)--o-)_)__

• Keep in mind the context of that statement I made. In Flav's scenario, he's in the middle of a busy, major bridge. No shoulder, no breakdown lane, no nothing. That's more than an inconvenience. That's an accident waiting to happen -- at least that's how I read it. I don't want to get into a debate on abusing the 911 system, but let's just say that notifying authorities of the situation by "some means" is a good thing. Perhaps it doesn't have to be a 911 call. Better?

Just a note on the 911 system; I too agree that it should not be used unless life or death, however, the AAA operator told me I had to call 911 due to where it was. Like Chief said, it was an accident waiting to happen. While waiting, there were about 100 near misses that fine day... :safeyet

84 Cj 7 AMC 150, 4.5" BDS Lift, Twin Stick, BF Goodrich 35s...

98 Grand Limited (Wife's)
    ~Always interested in trades~

• Flav not sure where you were on the bridge but i've put the Jeep in gear and cranked it and let the starter move the Jeep until the battery died or I got to a safer place to pull off the road.

Neill

In a perfect world every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog.

• So what you are saying is that just b/c you have a Jeep that everyone with a Jeep should stop and help you? I drive a Chevy pick-up or a Toyota on a daily basis, should I stop for each one of them on the side of the road too? How many people in Jeeps actually drive a Jeep cause they love them and the way of life? I for one don't. It is a short wheelbase vehicle perfect for wheeling and learning how to be a backyard mechanic on. Just cause two people have something in common doesn't mean they are worth stopping for. Had you been in an accident or something of the sort, to where you truly needed help, then I am sure plenty of people would have stoppped and help traffic avoid the situation.

Quit bitching about having a bad day. We all have them.

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

• :laughabove: :laughabove: :laughabove:

Right, right. Now what does that cheap DEJA sticker insurance going to do for me in Philly? :shrug: :hmm:

I'm just saying that if I saw the sticker, I'd feel somewhat safer in stopping. The sticker marginally qualifies the person in trouble. PLUS I could rush home and post that you'd run out of gas so we could all berate you.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!