What, No Jeepers Code????

• Well just as the title said. Is there no jeeper’s code? Many have complained because they did not receive a mere wave from fellow oncoming jeeper. There is even such a silly game called “Monkey” to somewhat embarrass those who are caught not giving a wave. But I found out the hard way that there is no honor in helping fellow jeepers stranded on the side of the road or even on the roadway. Saturday I was heading up to the Phillies game with a buddy of mine and heading up the George Pratt Bridge my jeep seemed to come to a halt on the right hand lane. I tried to get her to turn over but she just kept dying out. So I put on my four ways and got out. I walked to the back of my jeep to get my tow strap while I saw my first jeep about to go by. They looked at me and gave me some hand signals! So I figured, ok he’s having a bad day like me. Well I was in for a rude awaking. I waited about 15 minutes while I would say really about 30 jeeps went by and I tried to flag them all down. My buddy would say the number was higher. Let’s just say there were a lot of jeeps out that day. Every one of them looked at us and kept right on going by. I just could not believe it. I had a Toyota Tj stop but I really couldn’t find anyway to hook up other the axle. So she waited with me as at that time I called for PA PD for a push off the bridge. I was surely going to get some damage from that cause of my Cj rear tow bar. I was not looking forward to that. Then just as I went to sit inside to wait for them to come, I $90,000 Land Rover with T tags pulled in front of me. My buddie and I looked at each other with disbelief. What was this guy going to do for us? I met him half way and he asked me if I needed a tow! I was like hell yea. Thanks. So he opened his back hatch and started hooking us up. He towed us off the bridge to the nearest gas station right up to a pump. I just couldn’t thank him enough. I even gave the guy 20 bucks even after he refused. I know it was only pennies to him. But he will remember his good deed while drinking half a wine glass on me. Any how, he told me that he stopped because he had seen that I was from Delaware. He also laughed and told me that I could now tell my jeep buddies that I got pulled with a Land Rover. He used to joke as a kid that he would pull his buddies out of mud holds with his Chevy Blazer. The point of the story is I saw about 15 jeeps with Delaware plates and all seemed to have nothing to do but try to make me feel worst with some kind of signal. But it didn’t work. I was not even upset. My buddie and I laughed as everyone car to bus went by because it only happens to me. But I must say that the jeep wave is so over rated if the jeep code doesn’t go along with it. I know if I had my bike out there, I would have had every biker and there mother trying to help us that day. Just take this and laugh or as you want. But look for my jeep wave as you see me go by. Those who don’t know will see our famous New Castle one…. :suspicious: :wavey:

84 Cj 7 AMC 150, 4.5" BDS Lift, Twin Stick, BF Goodrich 35s...

98 Grand Limited (Wife's)
    ~Always interested in trades~

• Sorry, unless I specifically know the person, I'm not stopping. Just because someone drives a Jeep doesn't mean they aren't a lunatic. Most people have cell phones and/or AAA to help them out in that situation...I'm not risking my life in the process.

• when my ujoint went in the middle of rush hour traffic a guy in a grand Cherokee crossing the intersection got out and help push my jeep out of traffic. and most people in Wilmington seem to look at you pissed off and give the finger if you have a car problem and slow them down on there way to work. i stop if the jeep is in a situation. but if it is on the side of the road, on a shoulder or in a safe spot i am going to keep on going unless i recognize them.

.,=======o00o<br />//__|__l__,\___\,___<br />l_---\__|__|---&#91;]lllllll&#91;] _<br />(o)_)____(o)_)--o-)_)__

• Sorry, unless I specifically know the person, I'm not stopping. Just because someone drives a Jeep doesn't mean they aren't a lunatic. Most people have cell phones and/or AAA to help them out in that situation...I'm not risking my life in the process.

X2

If it's in the middle of nowhere, I'm not stopping unless I know them, they are really old and look like they need assistance or I see an identifying sticker - like a DeJA banner/member sticker, CO magnet, etc; I'm not stopping.

• Is there no jeeper’s code?

Not everyone knows how to pay it foward nor do I expect them too
    I have and still do from time to time .
    I can only hope that people will remember that when I need something .

Sorry you had a shitty day but I learned long ago to "be prepared".

• did you not know your tank was on E or what?

1997 TJ 4 banger 5 speed, 4.88&#039;s, detroit tru track in the front d30, RE 3.5,OME shocks, JKS 1.25&quot; BL, 33&quot; BFG A/T&#039;s, Llama bumpers tire carrier, Hi lift

• I do try to help people when i'm able but if I see someone who looks shaddy I do not stop. Aaron and I helped a guy in the parking lot of Pep Boys a week or too ago with his CJ but if he was the side of I 95 i'm not so sure i would have stopped.

Neill

In a perfect world every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog.

• 1. i love the jeep wave... it gives me a warm fuzzy. maybe mom didnt hug me enough when i was a child?? :doh:

2. i'd pretty much stop an help Bundy b/c i'm so oblivious and too nice...

this sounds like something i should probably talk to a qualified person about... hmmmmm lol

like OMG hi guys!

• Isn't that the truss bridge? Dangerous to stop on that! You've got a few things against you... Biggest: you're in Philly! Plus being on a bridge with no shoulders. If I was in my Jeep I would have stopped, but it's big and yellow so it's easy to see. But only because you're in a dangerous spot. If there were shoulders you'd be on your own. In Delaware, it'd be different.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• I'm cool with that lunatic scenario...

If I was alone, I'd stop, or at least slow down, pull over and ask. But if my family was with me, I'd wave on the way by, maybe call 911 if it looked real bad (oil, gas, smoke, etc.). I keep a tow strap in the storage bin in the back of my JK ready to use, and have pulled a few cars out of the snow on the back roads near my place this winter. It takes 10 minutes, and it goes a long way in building respect for Jeepers. I even pulled a guy in a Blazer on 35's out of a ditch during the last snow. He said was playing in the snow drifts, but I pulled him out anyway, wtf? Why not? The Good Samaritan laws in Delaware protect us really well, but I wouldn't risk my family by stopping in that high-traffic situation OR by not knowing who it might be.

• I bet you think all those people in the verizon commercials come with the phone :innocent:

:laughabove:

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• I've come to expect that in this day and age. Can't rely on anybody else, and man that sucks that a land rover showed all the jeepers up. Unlucky day for you. Unless it really looked unwise, id stop for any jeep. Heck, I even helped an H2 change a tire once and I hate those things. I guess its just because if i was in the situation I would want somebody to help me.

• don't judge all by a few. philly not the best place to have problems. just been to much crime in the news latley.

the fact that someone did stop says it all. there's still good people out there even if they don't drive a jeep.

• How can you possibly be surprised that nobody stopped? I wouldn't stop for anyone in that area, or most areas for that matter, barring some extraordinary circumstances or obvious dire need. I would call and report a disabled motorist, particularly if they were in danger or their location/situation put others in danger. Anyone can say what they will but with the amount of crime in this area in general, it isn't worth the risk. You should think ahead and have some sort of emergency number planned out, AAA or whatever. I know USAA has a roadside assistance number that specifically mentions gas, tires, and towing. I would bet other insurance companies do as well. Why would I put myself or family at risk simply to address your inconvenience? So it takes you another 2 hrs to get where you were going, should have filled up eh? I can't and never will see how not stopping would make me a "bad" person in any shape or form...

• I agree with the majority. The only time I stop for someone is if they are on base. False security I know, but less crazy people on base. Plus most everyone has a cell phone now. The other thing is liability. To many sue happy people out there. Sorry about the bad luck. Prepaid cell in the glovebox and AAA is the best way to go.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!