*** Beater Build *** - Report

• We got to put that on the front page of the web sight!

So Brian, what did it feel like hitting those cars at that speed, flying through the air, and then LANDING? I can't imagine how hard that landing was on your back!

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• The flying part was easy. My necks a little sore, as is my seat belt shoulder, from the impact part. Still fun though, I'd do it again :laughing:

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• Keith, is there anyway to name it something (the youtube video) that will show up if people search Deja or something. It looks like you have to search kcochran1 to find it. Other keywords don't seem to work.

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• Just got home from camping down near Pocomoke City.
    It was an awesome day...rain included! :laughing:
    I took the Scrambler AROUND the obstacle course. It was my daily driver for this weekend, just wanted to be careful.
    I did enter in the Slow Crawl...my time was 1:47. I believe there were about 10 or more entries.
    They were open today, also. I passed going to it and decided to come home. Weather was/is to unpredictable.

Well, time to clean up, make a few changes and get ready for July 18th?, in York, PA. I'll camp out again, enter the Show-n-Shine, Slow Crawl, RTI?, and obstacle course. Don't expect to win anything but, I'll be inside the gate. This will be my first trip there.

After this, back to Rausch Creek.

• congrats on the beater race.it was a great run with a superb finish.hope everyone enjoyed their selfs.cant wait til next year.

• anyone have a pic of the red cj7 with flo green cage up on the cars?

Here ya' go:

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gpw_kyeuRsY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gpw_kyeuRsY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

• that jump on the cars was insane

the damage report on ESJA beater is as follows...

front axle tube bent
    broken driverside axle shaft u-joint
    upper control arm bent
    both front wheel bearings toast
    and some more random hoses and wires hanging down that we need to trace out before next year

hopefully we can get more clubs involved next year with that jump on video
    ESJA would like to say thank you to all that participated

• im sure the next day was a little rough after that jump awesome job thou !! :spinrhead:

.,=======o00o<br />//__|__l__,\___\,___<br />l_---\__|__|---&#91;]lllllll&#91;] _<br />(o)_)____(o)_)--o-)_)__

• Since noone posted it .
    Here is a vid of Michelle running the course .
    (might be some language , can't remember tbh )

[youtube=425,350]pdTUdFucl1k[/youtube]

• I wasn't trying to dis her, mine got pretty shaky at the end as I was couldn't handle the camera and stopwatch both at the same time. LOL

It's all good buddy . Didint say you were .
    Just assumed that someone would have posted it by now .
    I thought a few others were taking vids

• Michelle did pretty awesome considering she's only been wheeling herself for like 6-8 months.

Need to get more clubs involved. ;)

Straight six or nuthin!
    1993 Jeep Wrangler Sport w/ splash graphics!
    1993 Dodge W-350 Cummins
    2006 BMW 325xi wagon.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!