YJ mystery switch

• I have a switch under the dash, on the rite side of the steering wheel. It has prongs on the bottom, (I guess something pluged into it), & 2 vacuum hoses hooked to the back, (it has 3 hose barbs for vacuum lines). Anyone tell me what it is for & can I get rid of it by hooking the 2 vacuum hoses together?

• Sure, I'll post some tonite. I hear you're a Weber man. I'd like to hook up if possible. While talking to Scott yesterday I found out she has a Weber model 38. Can't get the idle to slow down. Also found out she has a B&M trans, not just a B&M shifter.

• Sure, I'll post some tonite. I hear you're a Weber man. I'd like to hook up if possible. While talking to Scott yesterday I found out she has a Weber model 38. Can't get the idle to slow down. Also found out she has a B&M trans, not just a B&M shifter.

Sorry I'm not a carb guy. Post a seperate thread for finding help with the Weber. All I know how to do is put them on :). A newer trans is always a bonus. If the switch looks like the pic on the other thread then it is indeed for the vaccum on the hvac system. The system uses vaccum to switch the internal vents.

Aaron

• No, that's not the switch. I'll get pics today, I'm on vacation. This switch has is like the old light switch. It has 2 positions when pulled out.

• Are you getting the rotors turned? Last set of rotors I bought was cheaper then getting the old ones turned I think I paid $15.00 a rotor vs $40.00 to get them turned.

Neill

In a perfect world every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog.

• I think it went to the front axle. The 2 vac lines are coiled up & wire tied in front of the oil pan. The front axle moter isn't hooked up. Something esle I gotta chase out.
    New brakes all around. Rotors were junk. Front brakes done, pulled back brakes last nite. Finally seeing the lite @ the end of the tunnel.

• I think it went to the front axle. The 2 vac lines are coiled up & wire tied in front of the oil pan. The front axle motor isn't hooked up. Something else I gotta chase out.
    New brakes all around. Rotors were junk. Front brakes done, pulled back brakes last nite. Finally seeing the lite @ the end of the tunnel.

You may see it but you'll never reach it! LOL

Neill

In a perfect world every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog.

• Vac hose was wire tied in front of oil pan. I also have 4 plastic tubes coming from the top of the NP 207 transfer case. My front axle is not hooked up for 4 wd. Anyone tell me how to plumb it in? Tubing colors are: yellow, blue, red & green.
    Pics of vac hose & tubing in my album.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!