DEJA's Summer Surf Fishing Tounament - Sat. July 3rd, 2010

• OK, I give up.
    What is the "tent"? :shrug:
    shower, changing room, bathroom...?

you had it right, bathroom, or to change, or to do....anything that requires privacy? haha dont think theres a shower though.

1997 TJ 4 banger 5 speed, 4.88's, detroit tru track in the front d30, RE 3.5,OME shocks, JKS 1.25" BL, 33" BFG A/T's, Llama bumpers tire carrier, Hi lift

• I had a really great time, it was a beautiful day and great hanging out with everybody. Congratulations to Kevin, but Jim (Chief57) was really disappointed about his shark not counting.

We are organizing a grass-roots movement to have a shark category for future tournaments. We're just having trouble coming up with a catchy slogan for our campaign. Allow Sharks Soon or Sharks Have Icthyological Tendencies don't translate to good acronyms for T-shirts and banners. :fishing: .

Even if our campaign isn't successful, I hope we do it again in the fall.

• I had a really great time, it was a beautiful day and great hanging out with everybody. Congratulations to Kevin, but Jim (Chief57) was really disappointed about his shark not counting.

We are organizing a grass-roots movement to have a shark category for future tournaments. We're just having trouble coming up with a catchy slogan for our campaign. Allow Sharks Soon or Sharks Have Icthyological Tendencies don't translate to good acronyms for T-shirts and banners. :fishing: .

Yeah, what he said!!

When engaged in conversation with a fool, be sure he is not similarly engaged.
    Chief, DEJA Grammar Police

• Great weekend....weather was awesome, hot as hell but the humidity wasn't bad so that works for me. I caught exactly what I was planning on catching at the beach. I haven't been around DEJA as long as others but I'm pretty sure this is the first fishing tournament we will have a damage report. :) I'll let others fill in the blanks, I didn't actually cause any damage but I'll take partial responsibility for instigating. ;)

Sal relocating campsites. He just got crossed off the list of people I would call to help me move.

This 'Hey, watch this!' moment sponsored by Corona.

Showing off on the beach. We had a decent crowd for a while and a lot of jaws dragging in the sand as people drove by. Hopefully some of the nighttime shots will turn out.

:)

We waited around after the fireworks for a while then Andy came back and said there was a Ram 1500 stuck. Not being one to pass up an opportunity to help a stuck citizen pull someone out twice my size for bragging rights, we headed down. On 37 Mickey's with I dunno how much lift, a broken front drivers shaft and a rear buried deep to the axle. Andy anchored behind me and out he came. In 2WD and with a flopping shaft they were strapping him off the sand when we rolled out.

• but they are becoming a "must have" for JeepChicks that frequent the beach.

X2

We just got back and are still unpacking but I'll do a quick post before I get yelled at.

Matthew Lively (SLOPAR JR) caught more fish than anyone but he's not a member so he was out of luck.
    Kevin's monter fish got the trophy though. (Next year I am going with a freshwater pole and a small hook. It will win.)

The hardcore award is a tie between SLOPAR for driving from Elkton, MD with the whole family in a doorless JK OR Solomi doing the 5K after drinking on the beach until 1:00 AM. :o

Sunday was a great time. As mentioned, it felt like a trail run because we ripped an XJ flare off and dented a front and rear JK bumper. The ranger was there to watch so it was legit. ;)

Today was productive. Being that I am from Pennsylvania and can't fish or drive, I had Tedsbumper and another local with a 4 ft. pole stuck in the sand show me how it's done. :up:

All in all it was an incredible weekend. Thanks to Stafford for the use of the grill and some amazing short ribs.

• looks like a chevy 2500 that was stuck.

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• Matthew Lively (SLOPAR JR) caught more fish than anyone but he's not a member so he was out of luck.

This is a family event, so we will do something for the kids at future Tourneys.

I think this is the first time we've actually had a youngin' seriously fishing, much less catching.

• That fender flare has been ripped off so many times I just keep a bag of zip ties around. Still have to bend the fender back though. Had a blast and it was nice to meet eveyone.

• This is a family event, so we will do something for the kids at future Tourneys.

I think this is the first time we've actually had a youngin' seriously fishing, much less catching.

Yeah man, that kid will fish 'till the bait is gone...my bait, your bait and anyone else that will give him bait! :laughing: After he blew through the first dozen blood worms I had to whoa him back, I don't think he appreciates how much those suckers cost! The family and I had a wonderful time as we always do with this crew. I have to send a special thanks to flutterby for her first aid cupcake, it fixed the boy right up :up: .

• He doesn't appreciate the cost because he didn't buy them. Ha ha

Get him digging for worms and clams and he'll learn to appreciate the cost.

Its always good to see a kid grab hold of something he loves.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!