DeJa trail ride March 20 report and pics

• Wow!! Couldn't ask for a better ride. Weather, 10, attitude, 10, Fun, 10 plus! John will have to fill in the blanks, but as for our group it could not have been better. It has been suggested that a sigh up sheet at registration would be helpful. I agree! If I mess up names, please forgive me. We broke up into 2 groups, I lead group #1 which was Big Red with Tony riding shotgun with his mega camera, JKgray10, Golden Eagle, Buster Stewart and spotter? (sorry), and me with joshill in my YJ. We started out on the trails near the old registration building for a warm up. At Stairstep we ran back to air up JKgray10 to give him a little more ground clearance before we attempted the obstacle. After a successful decent we followed L3 back around to A and on to 1c. After completion of 1c I turned over my YJ to JoAnn (joshill) and I was able to sit back, read the map and chat on the CB. 1a, to 2, a little excitement when Golden Eagle kinda missed the line on a hill climb (pics to follow). 4 to Trail O where we watched a buggy do a Barrel Roll, C to E and off to the South Property. We ran 25 and took a look at Lake Christy, and then ran 21. A quick run to the West Property put us on the Power Line and down to 10a at Big Rocks. 10a put us on J and we backtracked to pick up 12a. It was time to head on back, but not without running the "pick three" hill climb on the Pole Line and a Photo op in the Comp area. Watched another buggy do an end over end, air up, BS, normal end of day stuff minus my flop and hit the road. See Ya All at Club Comp/101!

Randy

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's
    &'03 KJ, 2"+ shackle lift, armor, BBs, 245-70-16 BFG A/T TAs

• Again had a great ride on a great day. Thanks to the guys for saving my butt , but not my underware LOL. can't wait to see the pics. See ya at the Club Comp and 101. :wavey:

If I wanted a Hummer I would of asked you sister!<br /> <br />2006 Golden Eagle with not much Golden Eagle left. 2008 JK Wrangler Sahara stocker. Formiely DKGoldenEagle

• I agree, all aspects of the day were a "10". Also, Randy did a great job of putting together a great mix of trails!! ;D I look froward to having the opportunity to wheel with all of you again. I have a few pictures which I will try to post tomorrow.

Tim (aka Buster Stewart)

• Well as the others have said, It was an amazing Trip. By far the best I have been on. Everyone in are group got along very well and I think we were all well suited for the trails we ran. Its pretty cool that a stock JK can run blues and mild blacks, it allowed us to run some blacks with lighter bypasses so we could all do a little of what we wanted. Johann was taring up the trails in Randy's Jeep, and did a great job leading us around the park, without fear of any obstical. As was mentioned I had Tony (Tmiller) riding shot gun with me and armed with his "Mega Camera" he took over 350 Pictures. I went threw and picked out some of the better pictures, and posted them bellow

• OK Go ahead rub it in you all had a great day wheelin and I got stuck doing a crossing detail :cuss:!! That's ok I'll be wheelin next weekend! Glad to hear you had a good day

• Haven't uploaded my pics yet but will probably tomorrow after work. Good day as everyone said...noticed some minor damage on the way home. Think I tweaked my drag link, nothing too bad but steering is about 30* off. It's very much drivable, I just have to aim the steering wheel towards oncoming traffic. :) Ahh, well...I have a Currie here I have to put on soon before my free alignments at NTB expire in a few weeks anyways.

There are better pics showing all of the Jeeps but we kinda went bukkake (don't google it if you don't know what it means, especially not from work) with everyone on all 4 tires of Pat's new ride.

• There are better pics showing all of the Jeeps but we kinda went bukkake (don't google it if you don't know what it means, especially not from work)...

:laughabove: :laughing:

Pat got 'jeep bukkake'd', and he was such a good sport about it. that was pretty cool.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• my trail report along with pics and vids to follow. as some of you may have noticed, there can sometimes be be considerable lag time between a trail run and my posting of pics.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

Edited once, last by altierior ().

• I had a awesome time! I couldn't of asked for better weather and a good group of people guiding this newbie though the correct lines. I must say that I was pretty impressed on how my stock JK handled the ride. Just had some very little scuffs on the tire flare. Stupid tree jumped right into me... :doh: Can't wait for comp/101 in April.

• Sweet pics Tony! And that new profile pic rocks on the helmet Andy. As said, a super fun day out there. Randy is such a great guide; rocks, hills AND tan/red/brown/black mud as you can see from GoldenEagle's efforts. And lemme just say how awesome it was to take to the trails in a rig like Randy's with his guidance. But I guess the blond in me came out when I mixed up the throttle and the brake a couple of times...oops! And although mostly cosmetic, I think Randy was remiss in a trail damage report... at the obstacle on the way over to Stairstep, Andy bumped into a little tree that wasn't there before and dinged his brakelight. Soon after JKgray10 needed a little tug when a different little tree jumped into his back D/S tire flare and that big rock grew up under his frame. Said flare miraculously (really!?) popped itself out later with only minor scuffs but the plastic licence plate brackets weren't so lucky we discovered on the comp course at the end of the day. There BigRed also lent JKgray10 some professional advice on how to pop off the P/S tire and we all watched as a noisy little rock was dislodged from the brake pad cover, no damage there! And thankfully JKgray10 had his torch for a lucky fit U-joint replacement on Wayne's ride with the help of Austin in the yellow TJ on the ride home. Can't wait to see everybody at the 101! JoAnn

• Tony they are some awsome pictures. I really like the one with Randy on the comp course. Yes the day fantastic and everyone had a great time. Buster stewart did a littel trail grading with his JK but all was good. I'll try to post some pics up that I took. Not as good as Tonys but not bad for a $60 camera.

• my trail report along pics and vids to follow. as some of you may have noticed, there can sometimes be be considerable lag time between a trail run and my posting of pics.

John, couldnt believe I didnt see you guys on the trails? did you run some harder stuff? we ran that new trail cemetary, 22, 20 and finished with crawl daddy.

• John, couldnt believe I didnt see you guys on the trails? did you run some harder stuff? we ran that new trail cemetary, 22, 20 and finished with crawl daddy.

no, not so much on the hard stuff, mostly blues and some blue/blacks. the only trail on your list that we ran is 22.

btw, i ran that Cemetery trail last fall when it was first opened. good stuff there. :up:

~ JD

• Here is a link to complete photo's from Shorebirds group 3/20. There are many shots of all in the group. Everyone should find something to their liking. I hope so anyway. Enjoy.

http://s734.photobucket.com/al…l%20Run%20%203%2020%2010/

This was a great day on the trails. Outstanding event with a great group. Hopefully I will have mine done for the next ride that I can attend. If not if someone will save me and the camera a seat we'll have blast shotgun again

• Everyone should find something to their liking. I hope so anyway. Enjoy.

thanks, dave, i really needed bunny ears to get me into the easter mood... cute.

~ JD

Edited once, last by altierior ().

• These were taken by the mom or by my friend west who was riding with me, so they are mostly of mine : /. I'm waiting for somebody to post up some of those hillclimb pics we were doing at the end of the day.
    Mom gettin' it done

• Great pics!!! Yes JoAnn, I didn't go into the trail damage I'll leave that to you. lol. Thanks again to all who attended the ride. Hoping to see at least 3 new members. You should have no problem downloading the Membership App. and Waiver from the site.

Randy

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's
    &'03 KJ, 2"+ shackle lift, armor, BBs, 245-70-16 BFG A/T TAs

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!