SkyJacker Dual Steering Stabilizer

• So heres a new product from Skyjacker for the JK Wranglers. What is everyone's .02 cents on this steering stabilizer? Right now I only have the OEM stabilizer on there and was thinking about getting a new one. Will adding one help stiffing up my steering? Right now it feels a little loose and "flighty".

http://www.quadratec.com/products/16071_0072.htm

• I don't think there's any legit reason for dual steering stabilizers other than trying to look cool. I'm pretty sure one would do the trick. :shrug:

You do own a hairdryer don&#039;t you she asked? Of course I do, he replied, it&#039;s in the driveway, it&#039;s called a Jeep.<br /><br />Current - 97 TJ, 99 WJ, 12 Scion tC<br />Past - 94 ZJ, 02 TJ, 06 Rubicon, 06 XK, 07 Scion tC

• Technically, you shouldn't even need a stabilizer let alone two. If you have a shimmy, it's better to find the problem and solve it rather than masking it with another stabilizer.

Right now it feels a little loose and "flighty".

What is your caster set at?

• Technically, you shouldn't even need a stabilizer let alone two. If you have a shimmy, it's better to find the problem and solve it rather than masking it with another stabilizer.

What is your caster set at?

I don't have a shimmy, just the steering feels touchy to me. I would like it to be a little bit more stiff. I never messed with the caster after putting the lift and tires on. Only thing I've done was the alignment with 1/8'' toe-In and steering wheel. I don't know if I know how to do the caster or have the patience. :cuss: I've looked at this for my alignment but didn't really understand the caster portion http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-…ngler-front-end-alignment

• I just put one on mine an it definitely helps. It's recommended for 35" and bigger tires, so you could just do the single. But I didn't wanna regret it and have to go back and do it.

• You can't adjust anything except the toe, without getting adjustable control arms or cam bolts. Was the "touchy" steering noticed before or after the lift? If only after, then caster might be in play, although it's a little surprising with only a budget boost and the long stock control arms JKs come with.

A stronger stabilizer would slow down the steering a little, but their real job is to fight steering wheel "shimmy". That said, I know Skyjacker stabilizers are a bit stronger than the stock XJ/TJ stabilizers, no idea about the JK one. I've got one somewhere here at home, waiting for me to install the Currie steering linkage kit I've had in my garage for 2 years. :) If you want, you can try replacing your stock one with mine for a week or so and see how it handles.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• I forgot about this thread.... I noticed the touchy steering before the lift but since the lift was installed it's a little bit more touchy. It seems like I have to really play with the steering to keep it stright. It's not real extreme where I'm scared to drive it or anything. I just wish I could get the steering a little bit tighter. I think my alignment is fine. I can let go of the wheel and it stays pretty stright. I'll have to measure the distance of the tires to be sure. Any suggestions on resolving this? I think I will order a new steering stabilizer to see if it helps.

• I forgot about this thread.... I noticed the touchy steering before the lift but since the lift was installed it's a little bit more touchy. It seems like I have to really play with the steering to keep it stright. It's not real extreme where I'm scared to drive it or anything. I just wish I could get the steering a little bit tighter. I think my alignment is fine. I can let go of the wheel and it stays pretty stright. I'll have to measure the distance of the tires to be sure. Any suggestions on resolving this? I think I will order a new steering stabilizer to see if it helps.

As said above, you need to change your caster.

This is the cheap way: http://www.quadratec.com/products/16315_654.htm

Adj. control arms are the less cheap way.

And just like TJ's, all JK's are different when it comes to lift too.

When I added a 2" spacer lift to my Jeep, if felt like it was sloppy and slow to return to center.

I added the cam bolts and it was like a totally different Jeep.

• Where do these bolts get installed? The upper or lower control arms and which ends of them? I believe you that they work but how do they correct the caster?

• Where do these bolts get installed? The upper or lower control arms and which ends of them? I believe you that they work but how do they correct the caster?

In a TJ the get installed in the lowers at the axle end .
    See the bolts in the link that Keith posted , more importantly the washer .
    The hole is offset of center . So when installed and turned they turn in an oval (eggshape) pattern .

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!