Another new forum member thread

• Hello all, name is Steve, or you can call me Pain. :D I've been wanting a jeep as long as I've been driving but have never taken the plunge until now. I've had nothing but cars:
    1988 Ford Thunderbird 5.0

1998 Honda Civic EX
    2003 Nissan 350z that I modded the heck out of
    2008 Infiniti G37S

and finally I have a 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited!
    :up: Stone white, or Stoned white as I like to call it, with a black soft top. I was never really into the longer 2dr jeeps, or white ones for that matter, but I after I test drove it I fell in love with it and I love the extra space. My LJ is like the perfect mix of my dad's TJ and JK IMO.

Anyway, not planning any major mods cuz I want to enjoy not having car payments for the first time in many, many years, but will probably get 31s once the GSA's wear out cuz I hear they suck and add wobble.

Anyway, I live down in Sussex County, but I may be moving soon/later. Just saw this forum in a link from jeepforum.com and had to check it out.

Again, hello all!
    :beer:

• thankya thankya thankya. I still have some searching to do, but forgot to ask if anyone knows of any good jeep install shops in sussex county(or near to) or good Jeep dealerships that I take my Jeep for services and minor installations?

• Welcome! A cool thing about Jeeps is that most maintenance can be done at home. So a lot of people here will try to convince you to not goto a shop. But there is that guilty pleasure of making somebody else do the dirty work even if you have to pay them for it. :) i live above the canal do I can't help with shop suggestions.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Like Jerry said, you will save a lot of $$$ and learn more if you can do it yourself.

Can't really think of a dealership in DE I would recommend.

Unless it's under warranty I'd try to stay away from them.

There is a wealth of knowledge among the Members here and most will be willing to help with installation of most things you might want to add.

• Ohh yeah, I know I can probably do a lot of the work myself, did a lot of the work/maintenance/bolt ons on the 350z myself, but I spoiled myself with the infiniti because I took it to the dealership all the time. And right now, I don't have the time or want to spend it working on the Jeep (just want to enjoy it, lolz), I'm trying to sell my house, so I should be doing stuff to the house instead. And some stuff I'm just weird about, like I want to get a Bestop Instatrunk, but there is no way I'm going to drill the body of my vehicle, I wouldn't have even done this on the Z. Even though I know it's easy, I just won't do stuff like that.

I'm sure I will unlazy myself down the road, when my life is simpler and I have the time for it, and I've had time to do proper research but thanks for the replies all!

• Ohh yeah, I know I can probably do a lot of the work myself, did a lot of the work/maintenance/bolt ons on the 350z myself, but I spoiled myself with the infiniti because I took it to the dealership all the time. And right now, I don't have the time or want to spend it working on the Jeep (just want to enjoy it, lolz), I'm trying to sell my house, so I should be doing stuff to the house instead. And some stuff I'm just weird about, like I want to get a Bestop Instatrunk, but there is no way I'm going to drill the body of my vehicle, I wouldn't have even done this on the Z. Even though I know it's easy, I just won't do stuff like that.

I'm sure I will unlazy myself down the road, when my life is simpler and I have the time for it, and I've had time to do proper research but thanks for the replies all!

Paying a shop to drill 4 holes would be silly unless you just have too much money.

I'm sure you could find someone to do that for a 6-pack.

• I was never really into the longer 2dr jeeps, or white ones for that matter,
    but I after I test drove it I fell in love with it and I love the extra space
    Again, hello all! :beer:

Careful there. I have an original version of that (not really)...the SCRAMBLER, and mine just happens to be white. LOL

Anyways...WELCOME :beer:

• Paying a shop to drill 4 holes would be silly unless you just have too much money.

I'm sure you could find someone to do that for a 6-pack.

HOORAY BEER, my other currency! lolz
    Hehehe, definitely don't have too much money.

BTW, post up some pics of your Jeep when you get a chance.

Yeah I just took the top down for the first time, been using the sunrider sunroof option like everyday, and I just got back from driving around for like an hour, it was awesome, I can't wait to get this puppy out on the beach. Haven't been out there since my dad and I used to go when I was a kid. lolz, and I completely forgot to take pictures. I'll take some soon.

Careful there. I have an original version of that (not really)...the SCRAMBLER, and mine just happens to be white. LOL

Anyways...WELCOME :beer:

hehe, yeah no offense intended there, but now I prefer the longer wheel base, so we're on the same side of the grass now. :spinrhead: :beer:

• Yeah I just took the top down for the first time, been using the sunrider sunroof option like everyday, and I just got back from driving around for like an hour, it was awesome, I can't wait to get this puppy out on the beach. Haven't been out there since my dad and I used to go when I was a kid. lolz, and I completely forgot to take pictures. I'll take some soon.

Well, our surf tourney is on the July 3rd. :fishing:

Would be a great chance to meet most of the DEJA beach crowd.

http://www.delawareja.com/forum/index.php?topic=27327

• I'd love to do that, but I'm on call for work the week and weekend of the 4th of July, already had to turn down plans for arlington virginia. I'm gonna have to keep an eye on that surf and fun forum though. :D

Also, this is my favorite smiley now. Lolz :fishing:

• Welcome Steve! Here is the name and number of a guy on here who has a shop in Salisbury that does Jeep work. I dont know him, but at least it might be a place to try.

Michael Ferrari
    www.DelmarvaOffroad.com
    Specializing in Jeeps
    443-951-JEEP

• Hey Gang, Mike and Audra here and we have (as you prob. guessed) the Big Blue Blazer. We are also new to this forum having just met a group at Big Dogs during the Spring Fling. Been wheeling for a few seasons now and look foward to meeting more peeps at future events. We plan on hitting Big Dogs again for the August and September rides. If ever looking for another vehicle to get a group feel free to hit us up.

• Hey Gang, Mike and Audra here and we have (as you prob. guessed) the Big Blue Blazer. We are also new to this forum having just met a group at Big Dogs during the Spring Fling. Been wheeling for a few seasons now and look foward to meeting more peeps at future events. We plan on hitting Big Dogs again for the August and September rides. If ever looking for another vehicle to get a group feel free to hit us up.

Just saw this post, thanks for the invite, even though I'm catching it way too late!

I never posted pics, will see what I can do about that even though I can't use the gallery here. :/

• Here are some pics:

After her first (and I think only) polishing up:

Her first time on the beach:

After the 31" Duratracs:

Some fun in the snow last year:

I think that about sums it up. lolz yeah I need some lift and quick disconnects, but I need some terrain to test that on! lolz :rollsmile:

• Hey Bud,

It was good meeting you this past weekend, I hope you enjoyed your first time to RC. It is amazing what a stock jeep will get threw, as we both found out. Hope to see ya on the trails and around town.

Welcome the board

Andy

• hey there, yeah definitely enjoyed the ride. Got through pretty unscathed on stuff I never thought it would get through, although steering wheel is off center now, but she still drives straight. Seems to be pretty common for jeeps after wheeling. I need to look at more pictures, but I could have sworn my drag link bar looked a little bent but probably just being paranoid. Looking forward to getting the jeep a little higher and more protected. Definitely more protected so I can cringe less lolz. What was the name of the place you got your cb installed at?.

Anyways thanks for riding with me and helping me through :D And thanks to Randy and everyone for having me along, made for a great day.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!