Remote starters????

• hello all, i bought the wife a 2010 jeep wrangler sport, and want to get her a remote starter for christmas, can anyone tell me any good brands or where i can get it done?? thanks

• Before I had mine installed a few years ago I called every place in NCC and Audio Jam was the best deal. Couple things to keep in mind, the range they advertise is a flat out lie. Mine has a 1000 foot range and even with a new battery if it works from 100 ft it's a miracle, some of the newer ones say they have a 1 mile range so maybe they work from 500 ft. I went with a 2way remote so you get an audible and/or visual confirmation on the remote that the vehicle started. If you aren't in a place where you can hear the vehicle start you have no way of knowing if it actually received the signal and fired up. I went with a Viper, DEI is the same company just the generic name.

• Anything from DEI is a good brand. The range thing has a lot of variables.. aftermarket tint, lowes range, clear veiw of ky, way car is parked... I always put the antennas behind the rear veiw in the center of the windsheild... Thats where i have mine at, and i can hit my 5 year old DEI in my grand from inside Del-Tech and it start..

Two way is the way to go... Like stafford said it lets you know its on. Also it tells you if the car is locked unlucked, if alarm is going off, Advanced ones can tell you what door is breached. What i dont like about the 2ways is the big remote... But eventually ill do a two way on my jeep when i get around to it...

But remember audio jam and such does bacis installs to full out... options cost... but i recomend the roll up window feature anf roll down feature for power wind full enclosed vehicles... nice to be able to start car and crack windows in summer.. or just crack windows in summer. Also a good feature is the window defrost... so that way you hit the remote start and then the defrost aux and it clicks it on to defrost rear windows... also a good feature is a timer auto start so you can have it start up at say 630 am when you say to before bed. also another useful one is the key off feature... when you wanna run into dunkin you can hit the remote, turn key off and then lock it but vehicle stays running... that way you can safely leave it running and have the heys with you... press the brake and it shuts off... also is a nice feature is a cycle start... where you can have it start up every so many hours for a set amount of time... that way it can stay warm during a blizzard and stay semi clean...

most good brands can do all this and more... but its a pretty penny but good to have.

96 Jeep Grand Cherokee: <br />4.0L - 4.5&quot; Long Arm - D44&#039;s Locked - 33&quot; M/TR&#039;s <br />XRC 8K Winch - Daily Beater / Offroad Machine<br />1970 Chevy Nova: Rowdy Street Car

• Just a side note on the viper brand and the range. If you have a smart phone Viper has an awsome option. It costs a little more but its worth the $$$. Your cell phone can unlock, open trunk, and start you vehicle from anywhere in the world that your cell has signal. I have this on my iphone for my mustang. Best money ever spent!!

• Just a side note on the viper brand and the range. If you have a smart phone Viper has an awsome option. It costs a little more but its worth the $$$. Your cell phone can unlock, open trunk, and start you vehicle from anywhere in the world that your cell has signal. I have this on my iphone for my mustang. Best money ever spent!!

The extra range would be nice...especially when it's 20 deg out. (Though I'm picturing someone showing off and popping their trunk from Europe.)

hello all, i bought the wife a 2010 jeep wrangler sport, and want to get her a remote starter for christmas, can anyone tell me any good brands or where i can get it done?? thanks

My stock JK remote start has very good range and uses the factory key which is nice. (I hate a lot of keys and fobs.)
    I'm assuming the stealership would completely rip you off on an OEM install but it may be worth a try if its plug and play.

• I just had one installed in my F250. Audio Works in Newark did the install and they did a great job. I went with the Viper 5701 because I wanted the alarm along with the remote starter. I highly recommend getting the 2-way remote. It beeps back at you once the truck receives the signal to start. This is nice if you are not within visual range of the vehicle.

Interesting, my alarm is ~3yrs old...gonna have to see if they can retrofit.

• i just put a clifford two way system in my grand cherokee a few weeks back and it was cake. highly recommended. i can manual turn on my rear window and side mirror defrost or it automatically comes on when u remote start the car when its under 55deg inside the cabin. the remote can tell you inside temp, run time left all kinds of cool stuff. if you pop the hood the remote start shuts off, if u push on the brake before the keys in, it shuts off

i used two of the xpress kit modules which worked the OE alarm and door lock/unlock, plus provided a transponder key bypass so i didnt need to leave an extra key under the dash which i liked

this is the one i used
    http://www.clifford.com/Products/Product.aspx?ProductID=721

as for the viper system works with your phone that is called the smart start
    http://www.viper.com/SmartStart/Android/

directed makes all the good brands viper, python, cilfford and autostart, all of them are pretty much the same except remotes

• I had mine installed on my truck when I bought it. Since it was installed aftermarket, there is an additional button fab thing not on the key. Said that is much more expensive since it has the lock/unlock etc etc. Mine has a very good range. I only use it in the winter and make sure I turn the defrost on high heat when I get out so when I start it the next morning, it warms up nicely.

1990 YJ, 4&quot; Rough Country Lift, 33x12.5 BFG MT, Some Custom Rattle Can Paint

Forgot to mention... I also had this option installed. I didn't really get it for the remote starter but the truck will SMS TXT message me if the alarm goes off.

• I just had one installed in my F250. Audio Works in Newark did the install and they did a great job. I went with the Viper 5701 because I wanted the alarm along with the remote starter. I highly recommend getting the 2-way remote. It beeps back at you once the truck receives the signal to start. This is nice if you are not within visual range of the vehicle.

I just saw one of your old posts and noticed you live down the street from me. The new truck looks good.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!