Jeep YJ Build Up

• got the seats back today, they did a great job, re skinned and with seat heaters now...

also got some stuff from gen right CJ strech corners w 6'' flare

trimmed everything

genright incleded the blank for the fuel filler door so i could wel it in

pass side finished

more to come.

CJ-

• nah i dont take my time when you have to grind em down

You still need to worry about penetration and air pockets.
    It's not structural but it needs to take a hit from a tree or rock. :-\

Coming along well though. :up:

• You still need to worry about penetration and air pockets.
    It's not structural but it needs to take a hit from a tree or rock. :-\

Coming along well though. :up:

That's why I welded it twice and in the back, it's just that for some reason my helmet stays dark, checked the battery's and there new, I think the censor is bad, so I had to hold it where I wanted it pull the mask down and weld, but I couldent see crap, I have to pick up a new helmet tomm. I used higher heat than usual to make sure it's strong and I'm getting good heat penetration.. It's strong just not pretty, I'll get a new helmet and post pics tomm..

Cj-

• Primer, it's all one color finally did 3 coats today, it was hot as hell, next wet sanding, ohh joy...

Gotta love the custom taping cardboard box hardtop

Big shout out to my buddy schuyler, painted it today in the skoluding heat, and it looks great!

More to come

Cj-

• well I have been braking it in slowly since I moved to Vermont, have been going slow just trying to find issues now insted of when I am wheeling it. Since we towed it here in the rain every damn pulley has rusted and squealed like a pig, i replaced the tensior pulley, got a little quiter, replaced the idler pulley, a little quiter, and have traced the ramain squeals to the alt and ps steering. I will get the alt rebuilt this week, the power steering pump is off and on squaling so I am under the impression its just working out the bubbles in the steering system. I mounted the new battery and going to hold off the dual batterys for now, been having some issues with the brake lights I just get a steady red with the LED's. weird, the heater fan stays on low for some reason. and still need to calibrate and hook up the tach and speedo. It needs new shocks they are quite limiting, I only get about 16-17in of articulation with those shocks. I'm going to have to pull them off and then let it flex after that and I have to move the brake lines down and make sure they don't rub. there is some good news, i fixed many eletrical gremlins, and am making progress. here is a few snap shots

soon it will be up to specs.

it needs new shocks

Cj-

• Finally got back from army schools and have time to work on the jeep.

tore down the front axle, the front right hub failed due to clip failure in the hub that caused the springs not to engauge. also pulled out the welded diff and going to change it out for a lunchbox type locker, i would go with an ARB but in a year when i graduate school i see a 14b 60 combo on its way.... also more tuning on the engine and wiring, more to come

had a helper as well

CJ-

• Wheeled it today for about 6 hours...everything worked well, still need some new shocks and bump stops... flexed very well today, we did some class four roads with a little mix of mud and rocks and some wicked washouts. Had a great time and it was a nice day. the rover had a much harder day than my jeep did. had to winch quite a few times...

• [size=3] [/size]

never mind just seen one. how is it holding up mounted to the diff cover?

the mount on the cover is strong as hell, i don’t think i will have an issue with it. the lower steering arm took some good rock hits today and you cant tell, it dident phase it... the ram works great but seems to be a reaction more than a simultaneous movement with the steering box when i turn the wheel, there is a half second dely. I’m thinking its because of the size of the ram, being a 2'' by 10'' ram... other than that everything is working great the steering is tight and very powerful. i turned without moving into a bank and then crawled up it.
    [size=3] [/size]
    [size=3]Does anyone else have hydro assist here and have the same issue? [/size]
    Cj-

• My hydro assist ram was the same way at low speed....Get the RPM up a bit and it was better but not completely gone. Im pretty sure it was just a result of running with a stock low volume/pressure ps pump. West texas off roads site has a good writeup on how to mod the pump. I drove mine up a tree before I had much of a chance to chase down my issues.....Hmmm perhaps thats why i ran up the tree :doh:

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!