yellow top??

• need a new battery for the jeep. i plan on getting a 9-12000 lb winch in the future and can see my self trying to run some additional electronics (lights, compressor maybe). is the optima yellow top worth it? it looked good because it had the good vibration resistance, will not spill if flipped over (almost flipped the jeep a couple times at the 101 last week :shrug: ), and works well as a dual purpose battery.

will probably pick a batery up tomorrow morning.

thanks,
    eric

• If you are doing that much, I would buy the double stack battery kit off q tec. I have 2 red tops mounted in my jeep.

• I picked one up last year and feel like it is worth the money. I have run it completely dead at least 3 times (left accessory on) and it charged right up. :up: I personally don't feel like having dual batteries is worth the money when you figure in the cost of the mount and electronics. But I also ran mine dead and a second battery would have prevented me needing a jump start.

Close to rolling at the 101? Nah, I doubt it... :innocent:

• Had an Optima once . Was not impressed with it . Didn't last long .
    Had a re badged Odyssey . Faulty alternator took it out .
    I now have Exide Orbital's. Had a single one for a little while with no issues .

I had an opportunity to have build a dual batties kit cheap . So I did .
    Little security for the insecure world . I feel better having them.

• I have dual Red Tops in the YJ with a home built relay. Nice to be able to jump start myself(if I don't have the switch in the jumpstart mode and forget to turn off the 2way :idiot: )

• "They" says that when Optima changed owners the quality went downhill, seems to be a recurring opinion amongst many people. Never owned one so I can't say but I have a Diehard Platinum which is a rebadged Odyssey and it's been rock solid over the past couple years. The Deka I had before died pretty quick and I definitely wouldn't recommend that.

• I've had my Red Top since summer 2006 and it hasn't let me down. :up: I love the maintenance free aspect of it, too.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• A lot still need to have the water level checked and topped off.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Ive had a yellow top since about 2002 thats been drawn down to nothing more times than I can remember and spent months on end in storage without a trickle charge and it still seems to be going strong. I would buy another one.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!