Death Wobble.

• how about the high steer kits for the jk. it will raise the drag link and relocate the lower tb mount to a much heavier duty mounting bracket. also check the steering gear box. i heard those jk ones are crap, main because they are not scottish:-).

aaron

• I also removed the dyna beads from the tires but thats a horse a another color.
    Is your front axle still straight? I know you have wheeled it pretty hard. How about the "C's" are they tweaked?

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

• Everything was torqued on the ground with the weight of the jeep on it.

Maybe I'll revisit the alignment. It drives a lot better toed out then toed in but if it helps with the wobble so be it.

The trackbar brackets and steering box are definitely suspect and where I think the problem is. I don't see anything on either, but I've heard of a lot of people having hairline cracks in the brackets and sector shaft. I already have a drag link that can be run on top the knuckle maybe it wouldn't hurt to pick up a HD bracket and reamer.

Axle is straight believe it or not. The c's are gusseted and the tubes are sleeved to make them 1/2" Camber is well within spec and thrust angle is within a degree.

• how about the high steer kits for the jk. it will raise the drag link and relocate the lower tb mount to a much heavier duty mounting bracket. also check the steering gear box. i heard those jk ones are crap, main because they are not scottish:-).

aaron

x2 on the high steer, as you know I have the clayton highsteer kit on mine and it rides smooth. I was starting to get a lot of steering wheel whooble with my old set up and noticed a huge difference in steering once aaron put everything on. i hate to tell you to throw more money at it but it sounds like you've done just about everything else.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!