GWNF Stocker Trail Ride: April 29th - May 1st, 2005

• Quote from "Da Mutt"

I dont know what I am tring to do I just want to go and have fun with my friends thats all I want to do... the rest of it I dont care about really I dont I am trying to play devils advocate and it is making me look like a bad guy and I dont really care about any of this crap I am going to wheel and camp and drink I dont care what order or how much of which one I do as long as I do it all......

[size=24px]EXACTLY!!![/size]

...are we done now?

• Quote from "DrJ"

Did you read the story online about the guy in the woods who met a GWNF group waving a rifle and told them to turn around? Why can't we have fun rides like that? I can see Alan now, he'd have that guy back at the campsite doing shots and beers!

Do you mean all drinking? Or will they be shooting beers?

• Quote from "DrJ"

...Can you hear Andrew saying, "We're going to Paragon this weekend. Let's meet at some Wawa near Wilmington, some time between say, 5:00am and, let's say 7:00am. Some of us will drive up on one road, the rest of you just get there whenever you can. We'll meet somewhere near Paragon, and I'll see you at the first trailhead I decide to run. I'm not sure which one that is yet, but you'll probably be able to find us. If not, I guess it sucks to be you."?

I'd love to able to say that! But you're just no being fair to the rest of the group, and as trail leaders you do have that responsibility. If you just want to go out and wheel and sleep late and hang out according to your biorhythms, please pick your two best friends and just go with them. When you have a lot of people involved, you need to have some stucture, otherwise people feel cheated and get cranky and don't join up with us again.

And yes, I used to have groups and routes planned out in advance. I don't do that as much these days, because people's jeeps are changing so quickly I'm not too sure who will want to do what. But I do come with ideas of what I want to do that day with various groups, and try to work that into the day's plans.

Anyway. back to the GWNF thread...

• Just for the record:

The reason there was such a delay on the last GWNF trip was because the trail we were initially going to begin on was all washed out and there was a truck blocking the entrance. I don't think it was due to anyone being late or dragging their feet. It just took a few minutes to get reorganized and move onto plan B.

You're dealing with nature (and possible wet conditions again) so be prepared, but be flexible.

• No, we're talking about waiting at the campsite for quite some time prior to that. People at the first campsite, especially those who were going out for the first time, were just anxious to get started. This time will work out much better, more people know which way(s) to go, and maybe if we're lucky, different ways to go. I think if any of you from the second campsite were at the first clearing that morning, you'd understand better why I'm trying to keep that from happening again.

• Quote from "quadna71"

yeah, paul and i kept expecting to see a body all taped up in the back of his van! :sniffle:
    chris

That was only because of all the rolled pieces of carpet back there. Really easy to hide a body....or so I've been told. It was the perfect plan. He puts the body in the van, then rides deep into the mountains of a state park to hide the body from authorities. Once deep in the mountains, with no one around for miles, he goes to Phase II. Get out the road bike to scout along the steep dirt trails for the perfect spot!

His only problem, about 250 extra pounds and a sweatsuit.

• Chris gave him one of his socks! Then he took it back and kept it!

Still considering that whole marriage thing? :shrug:

• Quote from "wanderlust"

That was only because of all the rolled pieces of carpet back there. Really easy to hide a body....or so I've been told. It was the perfect plan. He puts the body in the van, then rides deep into the mountains of a state park to hide the body from authorities. Once deep in the mountains, with no one around for miles, he goes to Phase II. Get out the road bike to scout along the steep dirt trails for the perfect spot!

His only problem, about 250 extra pounds and a sweatsuit.

Sounds like something from CSI.
    ....and I wonder why I always feel as if I'm "missing out" by not going.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• A little off topic, but will anyone else be bringing their fishing poles, there has to be a trout stream around there somewhere?

• Geez, will someone make sure I'm up? I was wondering if I was going to go or not. I thought I was going to be the only stocker there. I'm not am I?

• Quote from "Patti"

Geez, will someone make sure I'm up? I was wondering if I was going to go or not. I thought I was going to be the only stocker there. I'm not am I?

nope patti the only thing I have done to my tj is oversized tires. Other than that I am stock :peace:

02 Tj hp Dana 30 4.88 ox locker, Dana 44 4.88 ox locker 3inch Teraflex coils and adjustable lower control arms 33 TSL Thornbirds and 4 chipmunks workin hard under the hood.
    Less brains MORE THROTTLE

• Well I just finished packin all my stuff except for clothes which are still in the dryer. I will be leaveing tommrow night with a few other people. cant wait. C everyone else when you get down :spinrhead: :spinrhead: :spinrhead:

02 Tj hp Dana 30 4.88 ox locker, Dana 44 4.88 ox locker 3inch Teraflex coils and adjustable lower control arms 33 TSL Thornbirds and 4 chipmunks workin hard under the hood.
    Less brains MORE THROTTLE

• Quote from "Da Mutt"

looks like I am going to get that bath this weekend I have been worried about

You guys should look like prunes by the time we get there.

Make sure you keep the wood dry for us... :spinrhead:

• This is the NOAA forecast for Harrisonburg. Looks worse then it sounds

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!