RE: Looking to buy 2007-2008 JK

• Hey guys wanted to get some feedback on getting a JK. Don't know to much about them I am a TJ guy. But just want to know the pros and cons about the JK. Looking to getting a Sahara and 2007-2008 model year. Just let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

If I wanted a Hummer I would of asked you sister!<br /> <br />2006 Golden Eagle with not much Golden Eagle left. 2008 JK Wrangler Sahara stocker. Formiely DKGoldenEagle

• Yeah I saw that on Q-tec and other sites, but not looking to do mods on it just a daily driver. Maybe a little mods lol :suspicious: . Built my TJ to offroad , but things change and I won't be wheeling for awhile. Just looking for a nice wrangler to cruse around town.

If I wanted a Hummer I would of asked you sister!<br /> <br />2006 Golden Eagle with not much Golden Eagle left. 2008 JK Wrangler Sahara stocker. Formiely DKGoldenEagle

• His post is at the top of page 3. :)

I've always been a XJ guy, but now I finally have a JK... I waited for the 2012 to get the new motor and interior but the earlier models are still good. From spending way too much time on the forums, it seems like the main complaints are leaking hardtops and the engine burning a lot of oil. Overall though, it's a nicer ride, quieter, and still has the offroad handling of a Jeep. And the gas mileage of a Jeep, too...

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Yeah I heard that the 3.8 sux , but I could do some things to improve it a bit. My dad has a 2010 JK and loves it. I would love to get the 2012 with the new engine , but I am looking for used JK thats in my price range.

• High flow exhaust? $375
    High flow intake? $350
    Performance chip? $340
    Spending $1100 for 4hp and an annoying loud Jeep? PRICELESS!!! :innocent:

Lol yeah I just throw a KN air filter in then.

• The 3.8 isn't that bad in the 2-door. The automatic behind the 3.8 also makes it feel like a turd. I have a 2-door 6 speed and it is better on the street then m 4.0l tj was.

Mine is burning oil. (About a quart or so every 3000.)

I changed the oil religiously so I am kind of pissed. Chrysler says it's normal. I think they are just justifying the shit engines they make. Maybe it's a PCV valve or something but if it is the rings, the catalytic converter is doing a good job of hiding any sign of burning oil. I haven't tried to figure it out yet but it's about time to start looking into it.

• Billy I just saw a article maybe in JP Magazine where they were talking about oil consumtion on the Jk's being caused by carbon on the piston rings? Maybe try some GM top engine cleaner or some Seafoam?

Neill

In a perfect world every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!