Trip Report,Pics - DEJA @ RC 2/26/12

• Really sad I couldn't make it! I had been looking forward to this for weeks. Had a death in the family, and the funeral prevented this trip from happening. It gave me time to work on this bumper a little more (finally finished btw).

&quot;Always do sober what you said you&#039;d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.&quot;--Ernest Hemingway<br /><br />&quot;Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast.&quot; ---Oscar Wilde

• you could say that :) It was " " this close to flopping. Or, at least that's how it felt! :) Actually, I've been more scared in my XJ, but it was still bad.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Pics from the other group can be found in my gallery . The group consisted of Randy ( Shorebird), Jeff (Jeffsjk), Don ( Jump150), Geoff ( Stafford), Wayne ( Daddanellana), Freddie ( Haugwild), Steve ( Spedly), Andrew ( BlueJ) Andy ( TheDarkside) and me ( naughty). It was a great day on the trails !

• Pics from the other group can be found in my gallery . The group consisted of Randy ( Shorebird), Jeff (Jeffsjk), Don ( Jump150), Geoff ( Stafford), Wayne ( Daddanellana), Freddie ( Haugwild), Steve ( Spedly), Andrew ( BlueJ) Andy ( TheDarkside) and me ( naughty). It was a great day on the trails !

What she said. Now the trails we did! We all wanted to do Blue/Black, so we started out with a cool little hill climb out of the Comp Area and then ran "CV Trail, (blue with black loops). Wayne smashed his exhaust, but other than that no problems. We then ran "O Trail" (green with black loops) to get around a group that was playing on "Yellow Jacket Ridge". "Trail 8" (black) was next, then we headed South. "Boot Hill" (black) lead to my demotion when I extended it past "Tombstone". Only two Jeeps had to back up, and I did find an exit, but this is a tough group :laughing: . The traumatic experience must have made everyone hungry, so we did lunch at, where else, "Lunch Spot" (green I think). "Trail 22" (purple) then "Camel Back" (black) and "Snakebite" (purple/black). Time to start heading back. We hit "Trail 4" (blue) went down "Yellow Jacket Ridge" (black) and continued on "4". We exited by way of the "Three Way Hill Climb" then to the Comp Area to give anyone who hadn't torn up their Jeep on the trails one last chance, Jeff went for it!! BS, help Wayne drill holes in his exhaust, air up, BS, and go home. Great ride. We ran a lot of trails with no breakdowns, and the guide gets demoted :shrug:

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's
    &'03 KJ, 2"+ shackle lift, armor, BBs, 245-70-16 BFG A/T TAs

• We ran a lot of trails with no breakdowns, and the guide gets demoted :shrug:

haha...ok maybe it's just a temporary probation. :razz: :beer:

Link to the gps tracks: https://maps.google.com/maps/m…018.0004ba0ed6a2959484500

Total distance: 16.57 km (10.3 mi)
    Total time: 6:34:40
    Moving time: 3:19:18
    Average speed: 2.52 km/h (1.6 mi/h)
    Average moving speed: 4.99 km/h (3.1 mi/h)
    Max speed: 24.98 km/h (15.5 mi/h)
    Min elevation: 417 m (1368 ft)
    Max elevation: 516 m (1693 ft)
    Elevation gain: 1737 m (5697 ft)
    Max grade: 34 %
    Min grade: -41 %
    Recorded: 2/26/2012 9:16 AM
    Activity type: -

• If you had all gone up tombstone with me instead of driving by it you wouldn't have got lost. :razz:

You're probably right, but I didn't know why you were running that section after wimping out on "Boot Hill" :razz: . Old men are easily confused.

I'll accept my probation, but I think we need to define "Lost" :laughing: . I can do much, much better!

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's

Edited once, last by shorebird ().

• "I didn't want Wayne to have to wait by himself on boot hill. Thats my story and I'm sticking to it."

OK, We'll leave it at that! :beer:

All joking aside, it was a great ride!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!