Trip Report,Pics - DEJA @ RC 2/26/12

• I met up with 86comanche, Spedly, Cj8 and BlueLesPaul2006 at Wawa and we did a little convoy up to RC... Once at RC, we did the usual check in, Jeep setup (thanks Spedly for the use of your deflators) and chitchat before breaking up into groups. Spedly went with the blue/black crew and gap050 joined in with the green/blue group that I led.

We had gap050 (plus family) in his TJ, 86comanche (Charles and RJ?) with the MJ, Cj8 with his CJ8, BlueLesPaul2006 (plus lady) in their JK and me in my JK. We left via the comp course, and follow A-B to 1a with the intention of starting off easy but I quickly got into the blue loop around the gully. You know, the hilly off-camber one... yeah, that was a dumb idea. I ran it, but cancelled everybody else (who already decided that on their own). Ok, we reset and followed B to trail 2, took that to the Frog Hole and switched to 1b back to the Pole Line. Used that to get down to D and the remainder of 2 and ran the rocky hill sections until we got Crawlers Ridge and stopped for lunch. After some poser shots and chitchat, we took D to E to the 101 trail and ran that to the Hills for a shortcut to Power Line on the West property.

Unfortunately, 86comanche popped a tire on the hills and had to swap on a spare... after we all stopped for a group poser photo, we took the Power Line down to a shortcut to H near Trail 11. We took that to Trail 14 and ran through that pretty easily then picked up 11 again to double back to 12a. The uphill climb was tricky for me running without a spotter, but everybody else made it up the entrance (really the hardest section). We ran 12a for a bit until it crossed over J to 12c and ran that until we hit H to start heading back.

Back on the East property, we took the Pole Line trail up to the blue hill climb where I got myself in trouble and needed some rock stacking to avoid body damage. We also found out that 86comanche lost 4wd, we assume the vacuum motor on the D30 gave up the ghost. Cj8 led them back to the office and the rest of us headed back to the office via the comp course. I tried going over a comp obstacle but chickened out after almost rolling, so instead BlueLesPaul and I got poser shots there. :)

That's pretty much it... another great day on the trails. Pics to follow, I'm sure.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Overall it was a good day of wheelin. Don did his job by putting me in a position to break something again, this time it was just the fender flare a little dent and some paint missing. aside from that no one broke anything so it was a good day. Thanks Randy for leading the group! Thanks Stafford for making crave chicken wings- damn you!

• Even though he has been demoted to Junior Trail Boss in Training :) ill let Randy post the report for our group. Ill get the gps tracks up tomorrow

:doh: :doh: :doh: Oh Well, I guess I'll have to start over again. Other than extending "Boot Hill" past "Tombstone" and circling around for a while on the "South" property we made out OK :laughing: . Remember "You're not lost till you run out of gas"!! Gotta run now I'll do the report tonight.

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's
    &'03 KJ, 2"+ shackle lift, armor, BBs, 245-70-16 BFG A/T TAs

• He's got a knack for that...at least your hardtop survived unscathed. :innocent: :laughing:

--Ian

Well I wouldn't say totally unscathed. Remember where Jen busted your top, the one you told her "just don't bust my top"? Well we did rub that same tree, no reall damage just a little love mark. Aside from that the bumper is hanging a little more, the quarter panel has a dent and some paint missing and the tag bracket broke a little bit more. I think the best was seeing the fender flare sprining into the air. It's all good, its not really a Jeep until it has trail marks right? The short bus did good, even got Don to wheel it for once. And best of all, Stafford Don and I were signing the wheels on the bus and some other old songs. Don and I also learned that Stafford likes......... :driving:

• I have some pics from the easy group. I will post them up shortly.

I almost hit my top on a tree, came with in an inch or two but I was able to get buy without harm. No trail damage for me but I did find out that my rear brake lines have been rubbing on the swaybar when the swaybar flexes. Called the dealer today and it will be fixed on Wednesday (you have to love the warranty). Heather and I had a blast once again. I learned more about the capability of my JK and was pleasantly surprised.

Pics. This is the link for the full album of pics. Feel free to browse. http://s457.photobucket.com/al…eep/RC%20Feb%2026%202012/

Here are some of the hot shots of the day.

"Kilroy was here!" :kilroy:

Edited once, last by BlueLesPaul2006 ().

• Thanks for the photos, Joel! (and Heather for taking them)

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Overall it was a good day of wheelin. Don did his job by putting me in a position to break something again, this time it was just the fender flare a little dent and some paint missing. aside from that no one broke anything so it was a good day. Thanks Randy for leading the group! Thanks Stafford for making crave chicken wings- damn you!

Jeff you need to remember that spotters dont worry about body damage, we actually try to reduce the width of the sheetmetal, it just creates more room for the next obstacle. and Ian as I bumped Jeff's hardtop into the tree I thought thats not the way I spotted it last time!!

• It was a great day of wheeling. pics look great! thanks again to Joel & Heather for all the camera work and to Jerry for leading the group and, of course, cj8 for running tailgunner. The day ran smooth & it was a pleasure wheeling with everyone & no serious damage (thanks to AtoZ rockers), although I did finally give in and wash the rig. man, thats like 2x in a year. George

• Jeff you need to remember that spotters dont worry about body damage, we actually try to reduce the width of the sheetmetal, it just creates more room for the next obstacle. and Ian as I bumped Jeff's hardtop into the tree I thought thats not the way I spotted it last time!!

Lol, it's all good man. You are my best spotter ever. You know I never worry about body damage, if I were I wouldn't wheel it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!