Cape Henlopen fishing report for 7/28

• well my daughter and I were on the beach (point beach) at 6:45, not another vehicle or person as far down the beach as we could see. Pods of porpoise were everywhere, some so close to the beach in the shallow water that their backs were exposed, they were in as little as 3 feet of water. put out two lines, while i was rigging up a light rod my daughter hooked and landed a sand tiger shark about 30", we caught two more of different species right after. I tossed out a light rod with fish bites and caught a double header of spot, the spot action lasted through the morning til about 1 pm, filled my bait cooler for next time. There were small croaker mixed in as well. We figured that's what brought the dolphins in so close, it was awesome to watch. By 10:30 it went from us being the only ones on the beach to the point that there was so little room that i could not open either of my doors all the way or i would hit the truck next to me, we pulled off the beach at two due to the ignorance of the people swimming under, over my lines, to be honest i couldn't believe the total lack of respect/common sense. The guy next to me turned 8 kids loose with no supervision, tossed out a line with no bait, seemed to be what most people were doing. Too bad i feel like i wasted $130 on a permit to deal with that. :doh:

• thanks Deadfeat, i will do that, not trying to be a "crybaby" but everybody goes to the beach for different reasons, I go to fish,the swimming beach is close by if they want to swim, or they could just swim in the spaces between the fisherman (the real fisherman).

• The fishing beaches are there primarily for fishing... If you know they're just throwing out an empty hook (good giveaway is when they haven't touched it in 2 hours) AND interfering with your fishing, flag down a ranger. I don't care if they throw out an empty hook and just relax, but if they've got kids running crazy, that's just rude.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• The fishing beaches are there primarily for fishing... If you know they're just throwing out an empty hook (good giveaway is when they haven't touched it in 2 hours) AND interfering with your fishing, flag down a ranger. I don't care if they throw out an empty hook and just relax, but if they've got kids running crazy, that's just rude.

Definitely! At least my kids know to avoid the fishing lines :) Course they do more fishing then I do.
    After the article in the paper a couple weeks ago, I think the posers are going to be cracked down on, I hope.

• well the next time we go, if we go back, my daughters idea is to drive up to the end where it is closed for the nesting birds and set up right at the markers, I would only have someone to the right of me as thgee beach to the left would be closed. :up:

• Until beach season is over, just go early in the morning or later in the afternoon... I try and be on the beach by 6am, and I pull out around 10:30 or 11, when it starts to get crowded and head off to do other things in the area...

• Until beach season is over, just go early in the morning or later in the afternoon... I try and be on the beach by 6am, and I pull out around 10:30 or 11, when it starts to get crowded and head off to do other things in the area...

X2. :up:

I also spend way more time on the beach in fall, winter, and spring than I do in the summer.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!