spare tire carrier

• Just bought a full size spare tire carrier from a member off here and it rocks back and forth it will even hit my top. Thats on the smooth high way. Then after every drive I have to push it back towards my jeep because its leaning out so far. The maker of me told me all tire carrier Will do this. I was wondering if thats true my tire is a 35 1250

• Was it a home-made carrier? While a little play is the nature of the beast, it shouldn't bounce enough to hit the top unless there was no clearance to begin with. If it's a "store bought" carrier, check the hinge for play and wear, and check the latch mechanism to be sure it's tight. Also, some of the carriers are designed to rest the carrier portion on the bumper and will have a wedge/wear plate at some point (to take stress off the hinge). If yours was like that, check to see if there is a gap.

Wait, it not only bounces into your top, but then leans so far away that you have to physically push it back up into normal position? That sounds fishy... who made the bumper? PM me if you don't want to post it publicly.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Well like i said lets see a pic where it hits send a video or come to my house to prove it i just think u want ur money back or u just dont under stand the jeep world i made 12 other racks and out of 12 your the one one having issues.i have one with a 40inch tire to it and the boy said he hasnt had any issues with so please prove to me where ur little 35 inch tire is making a 3/8 inch plate of steel move that much

• And plus those plates i made are 4 inches off from where they mount there is no way ur little 35 inch tire is rocking 4 plus some inches to hit ur top if it does please drive to my house and prove me wrong i was nice and delivered it to u and now so please send it back to me since you dont have time or what ever u want to say and i will send ur money back and if u cant affared eather one then u really shouldnt own a jeep

• Take it offline. It doesn't need to be here, or to a sponsored event.

cjv8 offered a refund for the returned product.

Wrangler13 has not responded since the post was initiated

http://www.delawareja.com/forum/index.php?topic=1666.0

The Delaware Jeep Association freely provides this forum to members and guests for the buying, selling or trading of items.

All users of this forum need to understand that any and all buyers must first fully check out the seller before sending your money. The Delaware Jeep Association can not and does not verify the integrity of the seller or products being offered. It is the responsibility of the parties involved to review products and negotiate prices and delivery details of each transaction.

DeJA does not mediate disputes over products or refunds.

[size=18px]Buy at your own risk.[/size]

• All I was asking was if any of your tire carriers had acted as mine yes he offered a refund but thats not what I'm asking I are if any of yours did the same. To me that carrier shouldn't bend s away that I have to bend it backo in towards my jeep after every trip

• All I was asking was if any of your tire carriers had acted as mine yes he offered a refund but thats not what I'm asking I are if any of yours did the same. To me that carrier shouldn't bend s away that I have to bend it backo in towards my jeep after every trip

Is the actual carrier bending, or is it possibly where you have it connected? IIRC he said these mounted behind your stock bumper mount? Maybe your rear cross member is the problem? Post up a pic of where it is bending.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

• There is no way it hits its 4 inches away from the jeep the last one i built has a 40 inch tire on it and i just got off the phone with him again and rode with him in his jeep and it doesnt it anything yes it shakes like all the rest of them but it dont hit

• While all the above is basically true, make no mistake...

If you try to sell crap here, word will get around and you will be called out for it.

• Please keith lets all here what u have to say better yet call me 14435536580 if u have a issue with me thats if u have a set

• Please keith lets all here what u have to say better yet call me 14435536580 if u have a issue with me thats if u have a set

I try not to get involved in this BS but you are playing us.

yep the rear two are off brand of tire call me 14435536580

We had big problems with you before JEEPKID. I am all for fair play on this forum but you have never played fair in my opinion.
    The conversations we had on the phone about your behavior were ridiculous with you calling DEJA and it's members every name in the book. I personally, have no time for you.

• I try not to get involved in this BS but you are playing us.

We had big problems with you before JEEPKID. I am all for fair play on this forum but you have never played fair in my opinion.
    The conversations we had on the phone about your behavior were ridiculous with you calling DEJA and it's members every name in the book. I personally, have no time for you.

Can't fix stupid.

• still waiting on my phone to ring for u all to tell it to me

I tried calling you before to have a civil conversation about your forum manners. It was the most slow witted barrage of insults and incoherent dialogue I have ever run into. You aren't getting another call from me. Sorry.

• And my post was the one deleted? Lol... :innocent:

And for the fourth, maybe fifth time I ask, why is this moron still allowed on the website? He isn't a member, he disrespects essentially everyone here, and back down the same path we head with him.

EDIT: It isn't even possible to block him anymore. Did this change at some point, being able to block individual members? Or am I just thinking of another forum...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!