08 jk code is P2308

• ok so this dude desided to try to side swipe me and i ended up swurving into a sidewalk. the jeep ran fine i dident have an damage or anything . we got gas 2 blocks down and i stoped for gas. when i started the jeep it came up with error code P2308 , the jeep missfireing *edit smells like gas

P2308 ‐ Ignition Coil 3 Secondary Circuit‐ Insufficient Ionization
    i went threw checked all wires i dont see anything lose or unpluged, swaped in my old coil pack dident help got new points and plugs in figured might as well do that while im under there lol. . not sure what it might be now. any idea are apreciated

• PCM? :shrug:

It's not in the secondary circuit but maybe a connection or something is causing problems. It might even still be under emissions warranty of you're lucky.

• dont think it be under warinty sadly. im at 79K miles. ill try resetting it tomarow see if that helps.
    i rember getting this issue once before it was actualy some censor on the transmission. just dont think it would be that tho.

• pulled a plug and they looked bad so i replaced them and the wires..i reset the pcm and the codes still no good.
    is there a way to test the pcm ? going threw some forums noone elts mentioned a pcm as the issue with this code.
    called the local jeep dealer about the part asking about warinty and i get put on hold for 3 minutes then hung up on lol. try 2....

• From your own explaination of the code i would say you have a bad ignition coil on the number 3 cylinder or the plug loosened from the accident. May also be a bad tank of gas.

Aaron

• i replaced the ignition coil with a new one(altho it could be bad also) had all new plugs with the electric grease all are on correctaly and tight. so only thing i can think of is try new gas or RE replace the coil
    *edit* the old coil pack #3 was blackend where it makes the connection

ok so the pcm is coverd under warinty but they want 180$ to run a dignostic. :bang:

• i replaced the ignition coil with a new one(altho it could be bad also) had all new plugs with the electric grease all are on correctaly and tight. so only thing i can think of is try new gas or RE replace the coil
    *edit* the old coil pack #3 was blackend where it makes the connection

ok so the pcm is coverd under warinty but they want 180$ to run a dignostic. :bang:

But if they run diagnostics and it's not the PCM you will know what is is.

May be cheeper than changing out parts.

• sadly i agree , will have to have the shop look at it.just wierd that it all happends after i hit a curb witch might not even be apart of the issue. it has wheeld harder then that curb in the past month...i will post results once i get the money together to get it done.

TY all for the input , it did clear up another issue i was havieng with it.the only other issue i have is my clock spring broke .. cant wait till i can finish the cj guna be so much easyer to fix .

• so i put into the shop yesterday. cost 140$ for them to tell me what i told them was the issue lol. it was the PCM (witch they tryed to tell me that because its a modified jeep it wouldn't be covered under warinty) . should have it back up and going in time to go out next weekend ^^

• so i put into the shop yesterday. cost 140$ for them to tell me what i told them was the issue lol. it was the PCM (witch they tryed to tell me that because its a modified jeep it wouldn't be covered under warinty) . should have it back up and going in time to go out next weekend ^^

Wow....I posted my PCM diagnosis from my phone in the middle of the night, dead ass tired and brainless. It was a total guess.

That's a misleading code. :doh: Sucks it made you replace a bunch of parts (I would have done the exact same thing).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!