New Member in Clayton

• A couple of co-workers told me about this site and it looks like a good opportunity to take my modified jeep off the highway where few other vehicles can go.

• Well I will definitely be new to the off road aspect but I sure as hell didnt get these big old tires to pound the pavement all day. Looking forward to heading up to Rausch and getting her wet and dirty.

• Looks great, black 4drs look awesome with a little lift. Welcome aboard!

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Thanks for all the welcomes and owenfred if you live around the corner I am sure I have waved to you at some point. Looking forward to getting active with the group sometime in the near future. I have heard that you guys are pretty family friendly and I have 3 girls so I was curious as to where and when kids are welcome.

• Thanks for all the welcomes and owenfred if you live around the corner I am sure I have waved to you at some point. Looking forward to getting active with the group sometime in the near future. I have heard that you guys are pretty family friendly and I have 3 girls so I was curious as to where and when kids are welcome.

We have never had an event that wasn't family friendly.

• Welcome!!! I'm sure I've seen you, I run through Smyrna/Clayton regularly as I grew up there and my parents are still there. I'm curious as to where you work since it was mentioned by co-workers although I already suspect I know :)

Kids are always welcome, we've been involved with the club since '04 - holy crap at the time we had 2 boys, now we have 2 boys & a girl - 13, 10 and 2. Heck I potty trained the 10 year old on a camping trip back in '05!

Looking forward to meeting up!

• So on the trips up to Rausch, are they day trips, or do people camp out and stay over or are there hotels near by? And can children go on the course? Lots of questions!

• So on the trips up to Rausch, are they day trips, or do people camp out and stay over or are there hotels near by? And can children go on the course? Lots of questions!

Yes.

lol you have options, I always do it as a day trip, but some people guy up the night before and camp on the edge of the parking lot, and others stop at a hotel a few minutes down the highway. Children are allowed and they even allow spouses and 4 legged children, too! Bring a cooler for your lunch and drinks (non-alcoholic) because we typically eat lunch in the middle of a trail.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• welcome fellow 4 door. family friendly....until about beer number 5...then you might need to sensor things a bit...EARMUFFS LOL

• So how far away is Raush and how do the trips work? Does everyone meet here and then head up to Raush or does everyone just meet up there at a certain time? I just managed to find a future development that fell victim to the housing crunch and is nothing but mud roads and hills here in Clayton. Nothing like getting a little mud on your tires.

• Rausch Creek is a 2 hour ride for me so it would be about 2½ hours from Clayton. There is a decent Comfort Inn in Pine Grove where a lot of people who go up there stay. I believe if you mention you're going to Rausch Creek they will give you a decent price break.

Some people caravan up and some just meet up there. Depends who is going and what you can set up.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!