Go pro reviews

• Thinking of getting a Gopro for an upcoming trip to Mexico which will include some ziplining, snorkeling and diving. I know several of you have them. Which one is better for what we want to do, which mount would you suggest and how much video can a card carry before needing it to be transferred to a computer?

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• Thinking of getting a Gopro for an upcoming trip to Mexico which will include some ziplining, snorkeling and diving. I know several of you have them. Which one is better for what we want to do, which mount would you suggest and how much video can a card carry before needing it to be transferred to a computer?

Black is the best in features, but it's mainly a couple extra video modes and the remote.

Can't use the remote for diving so it's kinda redundant. Plus there are iP and android apps to control it remotely.

The battery will run out long before you fill a 64gb card. And it will also depend on video mode.

I would think the headband mount would be an all around good one to start.

• So are you saying to go to the 2 or silver? Do you think a 64 gig card would last all vacation? or would I need to take my computer to clear it off?

Former V.P. (2006-2007)

• Found this reference:

"on the 6th page it says the the 32GB can take 1080p at 60FPS will last about 4.5 hours,"

I would think you will need to offload it while there.

And there are 3 models of the Hero3. White, silver & black.

The Hero2 is an older model, the Hero3 is far superior.

• I like my silver but im not a vidoe junkie. I have a couple hours of vid unedited because im lazy. It takes high res and works though my phone for preview. If price is an issue the silver should be sufficient.

Aaron

• Okay, I've doing some more research. I have some more questions. I want to snorkel and dive with this as well as ziplining and I'm sure some more things I haven't thought of yet. I see the extended battery packs. Do they need a different case since they add depth? If so, is it still waterproof? If it's in the waterproof housing, can I start and stop it while in there? Do I need the LCD touch bac? If not, how do you view the videos or pictures? Has anyone here ever taken one diving and if so, is there anything special you'd recommend.
    Thanks

Former V.P. (2006-2007)

• I pull the card and watch it on my tablet or i plug it into my tv. Cant comment on the other questions.

• Okay, I've doing some more research. I have some more questions. I want to snorkel and dive with this as well as ziplining and I'm sure some more things I haven't thought of yet. I see the extended battery packs. Do they need a different case since they add depth? If so, is it still waterproof? If it's in the waterproof housing, can I start and stop it while in there? Do I need the LCD touch bac? If not, how do you view the videos or pictures? Has anyone here ever taken one diving and if so, is there anything special you'd recommend.
    Thanks

The extended battery comes with larger backs.

It has sealed buttons on the case to control it underwater.

I use the USB cable to offload/view the card.

Don't think you can stack extra battery and LCD back.

• What video mode do you guy's use yours in and whats the battery life like on that mode?

Former V.P. (2006-2007)

• I guess what I meant was the extended batter packs.

Former V.P. (2006-2007)

• Unless you plan on replaying the video in super slomo, 30fps is plenty and doesn't take up at much room. With 64gb, you wouldn't need to dump it very often.

Get a chest harness, that's the most versatile mount I have beside the suction cup.

*bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*<br /><br />&quot;Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. <br />One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.&quot;

• Just something to consider. Unless price isn't an issue the Sliver and the Black are the same camera. Same lens and pretty much the same features. You get extra add ons like a remote and I think a bracket for chest or helmet for the black. That is the price difference you are paying for. The first GoPro has a different lens that isn't as good as the sliver and black so if you go sliver you are getting a better camera. But the black is the same as the sliver with extra goodies if you need them...

84 Cj 7 AMC 150, 4.5" BDS Lift, Twin Stick, BF Goodrich 35s...

98 Grand Limited (Wife's)
    ~Always interested in trades~

• Just something to consider. Unless price isn't an issue the Sliver and the Black are the same camera. Same lens and pretty much the same features. You get extra add ons like a remote and I think a bracket for chest or helmet for the black. That is the price difference you are paying for. The first GoPro has a different lens that isn't as good as the sliver and black so if you go sliver you are getting a better camera. But the black is the same as the sliver with extra goodies if you need them...

Big "negative ghost rider".

The silver and black are not the same camera.

Silver is 11MP, Black is 12MP.

Black has 30 fps burst, silver has 10.

Black includes Protune in many more video modes which offers superior low light enhancements.

Black has a 2x sharper lens than the silver.

http://gopro.com/product-comparison-hero3-cameras

Yeah no,

The black is essentially a different camera. It blows every other POV camera including previous GoPros out of the water. No comparison. Period.

*bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*<br /><br />&quot;Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. <br />One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.&quot;

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!