No more solid axles?

• You guys always make me laugh.....because God knows that's how you're supposed to take off-road obstacles...fast....lol. "if you're suspension won't get you over, momentum will"....lol.

"I mean, I've always been a libertarian. Leave everybody alone. Let everybody else do what they want. Just stay out of everybody else's hair." - Clint Eastwood -

Edited once, last by chukwagen ().

• Stafford and I got trapped behind a group in the pouring rain and had to run back to the campsite at Rausch Creek one day. (Bruce if you read this, we were in dire straits and we'll never do it again.) Anyway we did a high speed run back and since then I've been a sucker for the rock crawling, high speed mix.

So yeah (without linking the image again) "I wanna go fast"

Why did Erik Miller do a solid axle? I haven't followed his new car much but it seemed like he had the choice. :shrug:

• Dodge half ton is not centered. The cv's are the same length because there is a inner axle shaft but the diff is on the drivers side.

• Why did Erik Miller do a solid axle? I haven't followed his new car much but it seemed like he had the choice. :shrug:

IFS/IRS is faster in the desert. SFA/SRA is faster in the rocks. And people will argue that point over and over again until they are blue in the face :razz:

Erik has no problems keeping up.

Of course 700+ horsies out of a built LS will push anything into plaid speed.

• A lot of the ifs ultra4 cars are running the $20,000 pro-am front suspension. I don't think you can really compare that to what jeep is going to stick under there.

...but of course it will!

I mean, once you build them, how many actual Jeep parts do you usually have left? In my case, I think I am down to 3 :innocent:

• I mean, once you build them, how many actual Jeep parts do you usually have left? In my case, I think I am down to 3 :innocent:

Maybe Jeep will use Toyota axles in the 2016's to really rile people up. Nah...no one would ever do that. It's sacrilegious. :razz:

Of course 700+ horsies out of a built LS will push anything into plaid speed.

Is that a Spaceballs reference? Nice. :)

• what the heywe build or own anyway
    ford 8.8 rear
    and a 2.5ton front your good to go
    some of jeep conceps like the mighty fc is using mopar portal
    so I think the solids will still be around fo awile
    guess if not the rubicon jeepis dead :doh:

• lets be real here the d30 and d35 were junk any way
    you need to swap them out this may just make the swap harder

the orginal mutt was not a solid axle but they rolled easily :rolleyes:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!