Preliminary talk on the RC board about Club Comp dates

• I put this in my calander, so i will come up and watch or help if i can. I will be bringing my son also so he can watch.
    Is anyone coming up Friday afternoon/ night and camping?

I'm going up Friday mid day to help Jim with the course and with tech.

Bring your RC car Chris. I'll bring mine.

• I might have to bail on this one, I bought some used 35's ran
    them at RC once with no problems. Put them on the jeep to run full time and I'm having trouble with two of them holding air, they drop from 30-8 psi overnight, don't want to blow one out on the course. Also have developed steering box leak which came out of know where as the jeep has been garages and sitting most of winter. I'll keep you posted as I find the time to address these items. I plan on running the 35's and the leaking steering box on the club ride this month to see how they hold up. If anyone else has a better equipped rig and wants to compete, I understand completely.

• Chris i call dds on one of your mobile hotel beds :)

Bob you can run those tires flat it wont hurt them . in all honesty we can always add air i have a power tank but its no big deal if u want to bow out.

• So we still need a Class 3-4 and a Class 1-2.

Any takers? I said I can cover the Class 3-4 spot if need be but it looks like I have a wedding that night so I may have to leave early. Worse case, I try to miss some of the wedding.

I want to get the application in soon.

• I hate to sound repetitive if it's already posted here but what are the differences in the classes?

When a man lies, he murders some part of the world.  These are the pale deaths, which men miscall their lives.  All this I cannot bear to witness any longer.  Cannot the kingdom of salvation, take me home.

• I could maybe do the class 2. Problem is my wheeling rims are in VA getting beadlock rings welded on right now and my street rims dont have enough backspacing for me to wheel with. Im not positive that Ill have them back by then but ill post up If I will for sure.
    Scratch that, I just checked the rule page and I dont have 4 point harnesses.

• I could maybe do the class 2. Problem is my wheeling rims are in VA getting beadlock rings welded on right now and my street rims dont have enough backspacing for me to wheel with. Im not positive that Ill have them back by then but ill post up If I will for sure.
    Scratch that, I just checked the rule page and I dont have 4 point harnesses.

You don't need a four point harness for class one. The club comp is really flexible as far as classifications. Many of the competitors will be running stock seat belts.

Let me know if you can get the rims in time. We'd love to have you. :up:

• I don't fit anywhere! Tires to big for class 1 and no lockers for class 2. I'll have to work on "El Negro" for a subsequent year.

When a man lies, he murders some part of the world.  These are the pale deaths, which men miscall their lives.  All this I cannot bear to witness any longer.  Cannot the kingdom of salvation, take me home.

• I don't fit anywhere! Tires to big for class 1 and no lockers for class 2. I'll have to work on "El Negro" for a subsequent year.

Class 1 & 2 are combined in this race so you'd be legal though no lockers would make for a long day.

• Not only that Billy but I've never driven over a rock before. I don't think I want to embarrass the club yet.

• You don't need a four point harness for class one. The club comp is really flexible as far as classifications. Many of the competitors will be running stock seat belts.

Let me know if you can get the rims in time. We'd love to have you. :up:

Sounds good. Ill try to get an ETA and let you know.

• So it looks like it's astape and I for class 3/4 and Glenn (skeet682) and possibly Tonka if he get's his rims in time.

If we run short on people, we'll have to bail on the event this year. ;(
    Otherwise, we can probably take another class 3/4 and run as an exhibition team but since there are so many clubs signed up, we might not be allowed.

• You guys won't be short on people, I will compete with Glenn as I had stepped up to the plate earlier in this thread. I guess I got cold feet thinking of a roll over or breaking something hard. All though it's not my daily driver, I use my jeep all summer to fish the beach and the thought of not being able to do so is what gave me second thoughts. I won't leave you guys hanging, count me in. :doh:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!