AtoZ Fabrication quality

• What do you guys think? I was going to order a bumper but saw some questionable looking welds on some of their stuff through the pics on their page. What's your experiences with them?

2003 TJ 4.0L, hardtop, Artec Trussed 8.8, 5.5 long arm currie joints, sye Tatton shaft, 35" km2s, barnes 4x4 belly up skid, 11,000lb qtec winch AtoZ fab bumper and lots of rustys stuff

• I took a welding class at Sussex VT years ago.

One of the things the instructor said that stuck with me was: "You will make a pretty weld before you make a good weld".

Zach's been doing it for a while.

If his work sucked it would have caught up with him by now.

That's was killed JeepKid.

• Yeah I've been welding for about 5 years now, I hold a couple welding certs for tig and stick welding, I guess I could always grind down an re weld anything I don't like. It's good to hear a little good feedback before I place an order. Thanks guys

2003 TJ 4.0L, hardtop, Artec Trussed 8.8, 5.5 long arm currie joints, sye Tatton shaft, 35" km2s, barnes 4x4 belly up skid, 11,000lb qtec winch AtoZ fab bumper and lots of rustys stuff

• i too will speak highly of AtoZ work. He did the cage in my TJ and some other work for me. rock solid IMO and would not hesitate using them again.

• He and his guys weld great but suck at painting after the fact but he is well aware of that. Lol.

You'll get good work out of anything Zach's shop does.

• He and his guys weld great but suck at painting after the fact but he is well aware of that. Lol.

I had him get mine powder coated and I think it looks good. Everyone told me AFTER it was done that I should have just used a rattle can so it could be re-done later. Ohh well.... It looks good now.

• Everyone told me AFTER it was done that I should have just used a rattle can so it could be re-done later. Ohh well.... It looks good now.

I'd tend to agree with that for something that will get scratched up. Powder coating is so strong it seems to hide corrosion below it longer before it flakes off.

I rattle can after every trail ride and it's just easier.

Brian, you might be ok though. I hear if you hit your dif at less than .025 MPH, it shouldn't scratch the powder coating so you should be fine. :innocent:
    Sorry for going there buddy. Couldn't resist. LOL. :hug: We're going to have you racing the hammers by next fall. :driving:

• Brian, you might be ok though. I hear if you hit your dif at less than .025 MPH, it shouldn't scratch the powder coating so you should be fine. :innocent:
    Sorry for going there buddy. Couldn't resist. LOL. :hug: We're going to have you racing the hammers by next fall. :driving:

Low and slow brother... That's how I go. We made it home!!!

• Thanks everyone, comp front bumper ordered

Edited once, last by GotRocks ().

• No lol wish I knew

• There is a video of him spotting a rig he built the cage for in a comp. rig got hung up and the only way to make it out of the course in the allotted time was to roll it, so Zach pushed it over on it's lid and down the hill.

I'd say he trusts his own work well enough

• Given that I've rolled mine multiple times w/ an 'early' AtoZ cage I have no doubts as to the quality. The only damage to the cage has been a single bent tube which was not a fault of the welds. Some of them may not be as pretty as my OCD would like but I trust the strength with no questions. :up: :up:

--Ian

Ain't that the truth....

*bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*<br /><br />&quot;Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. <br />One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.&quot;

• Hey thanks everyone, I gave Zach a call today and he honored my deja member discount and sent me a refund right away!

2003 TJ 4.0L, hardtop, Artec Trussed 8.8, 5.5 long arm currie joints, sye Tatton shaft, 35&quot; km2s, barnes 4x4 belly up skid, 11,000lb qtec winch AtoZ fab bumper and lots of rustys stuff

• Given that I've rolled mine multiple times w/ an 'early' AtoZ cage I have no doubts as to the quality. The only damage to the cage has been a single bent tube which was not a fault of the welds. Some of them may not be as pretty as my OCD would like but I trust the strength with no questions. :up: :up:

--Ian

Ian do you have his "Sport" cage?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!