** 2014 DEJA Event Calendar **

• ** 2014 Schedule**

-Below are the meetings, events, and monthly rides scheduled for 2014.
    -The trail ride dates are flexible. If the group wants to switch dates to increase attendance, please post up.
    -Also, feel free to post up any ideas you have for runs and maybe we can make it happen.
    -The park websites are linked in the schedule but general information on all of the places can be found HERE.
    -DEJA's events calendar can be accessed HERE via the web and instructions for sync'ing to your calendar are here.

JANUARY
    Saturday, January 11th - Rausch Creek Off Road Park
    Saturday, January 25th - DEJA meeting/Post-Holiday Party @ Cantwell's (free for members)

FEBRUARY
    Sunday, February 2nd - Rehoboth Polar Bear Plunge
    Saturday, February 2
    2nd - Rausch Creek Off Road Park

MARCH
    Saturday, March 8th - DEJA Meeting - TBD in NCC
    Saturday, March 22rd - Rausch Creek Off Road Park

APRIL
    April 5 - Rausch Creek Off Road Park
    Saturday, April 19th
    - RCRocs Club Competition at Rausch Creek Off Road Park

MAY
    Saturday, May 17th - Rausch Creek Off Road Park - MEMBER APPRECIATION RIDE

JUNE
    Saturday June 7- Rock Run Off Road Park
    Saturday June 21 - Jeeps for Joy Summer Event (Details TBD)

JULY
    Saturday, July 5th - DEJA's Annual Surf Fishing Tourney - Faithful Steward's Crossing
    Saturday July 26th - Anthracite Off Road Park
    July 19-20 - PA JEEPS All Breeds Jeep Show (Not a DEJA event but a lot of members attend.)

AUGUST
    Saturday August 16 - Rausch Creek Off Road Park
    August 21-24 -
    Ocean City Jeep Week

SEPTEMBER

Saturday, September
    6th - DEJA meeting at Hooters in Newark, DE
    September 1
    2-14th - Main Jambo - Big Dogs Off Road in Gore, VA
    Sunday, September 2
    1st - Delaware Mud Run

OCTOBER
    Saturday October
    4th - Rausch Creek Off Road Park

NOVEMBER
    Sunday November
    9th - DEJA meeting somewhere in Dover-ish
    Saturday November
    29th - Anthracite Offroad Park

DECEMBER
    S
    aturday, December 6th (TBC) - JFJ event at Ruby Tuesdays in Pike Creek Shopping Center

• There's a few changes this year, let me acknowledge them up front so everyone realizes. This year presented some interesting challenges for the schedule.

- The Big Dogs June trip has been replaced with Rock Run. I think Big Dogs is starting to lose some of it's appeal going 2x a year. Everyone in the wheeling crowd I talked to has been in favor of this change.
    - AOAA on the calendar ahead of time this year as the July run.
    - Rausch Creek decided to have the club comp the Saturday before Easter. Typically we wheel the Sunday after the club comp. I'm guessing we'll get one person willing to wheel that day but having it the week before or after is going to result in low attendance for either the trail run or club comp. I dunno what we're gonna do in April, probably still do a run the week before but open to suggestions.
    - The member appreciate run has been moved to May. This is so we hopefully get more people considering better weather, more light/longer wheeling and the ability for people to camp. The plan is for DEJA to cover food again most likely around the campfire. Perhaps even a little wheeling on Sunday for some (at your own expense). I also talked to a lot of people about this and everyone was in favor of moving to May.
    - The above creates an interesting dilemma/conflict with the Spring Fling (which is noticeably absent from the calendar). It seems odd/wrong to me to have two BBQs in one month likely on consecutive weekends. Spring Fling attendance has been down (though slightly better last year thanks to the Knoxes letting us trash their house). We made the decision to kill it. The idea isn't completely dead, maybe we do something in August but as of now it's not on the calendar.

The DEJA events are for the members and as I was working on this I was trying to work on what is best. I'm open to feedback and it's not written in stone. Let me know your thoughts either via PM or here. Some is months away and we might table the discussion till it gets closer but the entire BOD wants to have as many fun and highly attended events as we can, we are definitely willing to listen.
    -

• Only 2 meetings?

Four. January, March, September, November. (The January and November ones aren't listed as meetings but they are. Somewhere in Dover is pertaining to the meeting location) We'll fix it.

• May want to update the link on the club's homepage to point to this thread... it currently points to the 2013 calendar.

I used to think about buying a fuel-efficient vehicle.<br />Then I remembered I have a Jeep and can drive over sh*t.

• updated to reflect March meeting will not be at Stewarts, location tbd

Any word on where this will be and what time it generally starts/ends?

Also, will new members be able to pick up their membership stickers (and other club swag) at the meeting?

I used to think about buying a fuel-efficient vehicle.<br />Then I remembered I have a Jeep and can drive over sh*t.

• I hope to have a place and time nailed down today. I will post as soon as I know.

A batch of member stickers went out yesterday. We don't bring them to meetings but the tub should be there.

• The March 8th meeting will be from 3pm - 5pm at Argilla Brewing Co at Pietro's Pizza.
    The address is 2667 Kirkwood Hwy, Newark, DE 19711

Please bring cash if you are eating/drinking.

• The March 8th meeting will be from 3pm - 5pm at Argilla Brewing Co at Pietro's Pizza.
    The address is 2667 Kirkwood Hwy, Newark, DE 19711

Please bring cash if you are eating/drinking.

I just got home and don't have time to post the agenda but I will get it posted tomorrow morning as soon as I get a minute.

Thanks for finding the spot Jen. I know this particular meeting was especially hard. :hug:

• Are we going to Big Dog or GWNF at all this year? Just want to know so I can put in for vacation at work.

• Is it cool to bring guests to the member appreciation run? Im definiatly planning to go to that and have some friends from my VA club that wanted to do a may rc run. I know they wont reap the member benifits and thats cool but would they be intruding to wheel with the deja group? If so no worries.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!