Hobart 140 v. Miller 140

• I am looking at getting a mild welder. The shop i am moving into only has 110v. Plus, I don't want to spend the big money for a 211 MVP just yet.

Has anybody used both? Is the Miller worth the extra money?

Thanks.

*bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*<br /><br />&quot;Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. <br />One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.&quot;

• Yes and yes.

The 140 auto-set in an awesome machine for 120v.

• Don, jump150, on the board has a lincoln electric 145. Its a real nice welder that burns a hot weld. Ask ian how well it works we used it to repair his frame and suspension in moab. Just another option.

Aaron

• Don't know if cross-posting is frowned upon here (or if this seller is also a visitor to this club's forums)... if this crosses a line, feel free to delete.

Hobart 140 with a bunch of stuff (I don't know anything about welding) for $400.

http://www.easternshorejeep.co…viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2909

I used to think about buying a fuel-efficient vehicle.<br />Then I remembered I have a Jeep and can drive over sh*t.

• Don't know if cross-posting is frowned upon here (or if this seller is also a visitor to this club's forums)... if this crosses a line, feel free to delete.

Hobart 140 with a bunch of stuff (I don't know anything about welding) for $400.

http://www.easternshorejeep.co…viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2909

Its already posted here. Probably the one Cody is considering buying.

• Yeah. That's what brought on this conversation.

There owned by the same company but made in different plants. The Lincoln 140 is another option but the it's at the same price point as the Miller.

*bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*<br /><br />&quot;Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. <br />One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.&quot;

• Miller bought Hobart a while back.

They come off the same line, just different parts.

Most of the Hobart torch handles say miller on them.

The drive parts in the Hobart are plastic, Miller uses metal.

The Hobart uses a stepped power control whereas the Miller is infinitely adjustable.

One thing to know with a 115v mig is you must have a good dedicated 20 amp circuit. The closer to the panel the better. We had to run a couple dedicated circuits where I work because a lot of the outlets we were trying to use were too far from the panels and went though multiple junctions boxes, etc. Just can't get enough juice at the higher power settings.

• Just a heads up but I went by G&E welding in newark to get my c02 filled and was talking to them about a starter setup. They have full setups for $750 with tank and everything needed. I believe its a miller but they are basically discounted floor models that have never been used but were carted around to trade shows by the company so they are open box and much less because of it. I think it was $400 with no tank or accesories. I dont know if thats a good deal but just wanted to pass it along.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!