2014 RC Club Comp

• With all the discussion about when everyone is able to ride in April we've neglected to post a Club Comp topic. I would like to help out on the course. In the past we had a signup list of who as competing, working the course, attending, camping, etc. Billy also mentioned that we may be able to work in a Friday ride.

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's
    &'03 KJ, 2"+ shackle lift, armor, BBs, 245-70-16 BFG A/T TAs

• I saw the Preliminary thread, but we normally start something new when the date and other things have been firmed up. I'm cool with using the other one if someone wants to take this one down :8)

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's

• http://www.delawareja.com/forum/index.php?topic=38718.0

Yeah, that thread turned into a CF. It got a little confusing. (Especially for someone that thinks the internet machine is as confusing as a coil spring. Sorry Randy...love ya buddy) :innocent:

For the competition, it will be me, Glenn, Aaron, and Bob with help and judging from a couple that posted. As of now there are only six teams so it shouldn't be much waiting around.

I am definitely going up Friday early and trying to get on the trails. I'll do anything from a green to a red ride as long as I have someone to go with. Otherwise, I'll find a group up there.

• I agree my generation didn't grow up with all this cool stuff, so we had to invent it!! Love ya too :hug:

• I agree my generation didn't grow up with all this cool stuff, so we had to invent it!! Love ya too :hug:

Cool things such as fire, the wheel..... :innocent:

As of now I probably wont make it up for this but I am still going to try my hardest to make it.

• I believe that was the one before us, ours is the one with Gates and Jobs in it ;) .

Put me on the list for judge/helper. I believe this is the last sign up list posted

Class 3-4:
    1. astape
    2. ??

Class 2:
    1. hookedonthebay
    2. skeets682

Judges:
    1. Tonka
    2. Nitrorubi
    3. Shorebird

Helpers:
    1. ????
    2. ????

• I'm running the other class 3/4.

FYI in case anyone was interested in how it will be run.

• Good news, we're back from our trip to New Zealand!
    Good news, we're heading up either Thursday night or Friday morning with the RV.
    IF, my Jeep is back to running! I had a bad vibration, and found out that my new driveshaft from CJ Tatton blew one of the cardan joints. So the driveshaft is being repaired and rebalanced. It BETTER be back in time!

• Glenn, what's up with the vibration B S ? Drove mine to the beach this weekend, was great until ride home, developed bad vibration on ride home. Heading to Aarons on Sunday to get it ready for comp.

• Bob, my vibration was coming from the cardan joint right next to the xfer case. Internal failure, and wouldn't hold grease. My DS is in Utah right now getting repaired. Supposed to get an update tomorrow on it's arrival.

• More info:

Also, EC4X4E club lost a rig so our very own Tonka will be running with them. (They are the pro team so although it's ok to cheer Tonka on, it's also OK to loosen a lug nut or let a little air out of his tires when you see him.) :innocent:

• Hey I got pawned off so no sabotage if I whoop your buts. :innocent:. Does any body wanna caravan up Saturday morning from the wilmington area or close by? I'm leaning towards a day trip.

• Sweet, spent a couple of hours at Aarons and we found/fixed my vibration problem. Centering ball, bearing and seal pretty much was destroyed...... the ball was the only part that was not reduced to rust dust :mrgreen:, i have come to the conclusion that I will start buying u joints in bulk and sill keep a new center ball assy in my tool box. Anyway the jeep is ready for the comp !

• I thought I would be ready but things aren't looking great. I got my tube fenders on minus front turn sigs and my beadlocks on and it seems the extra weight of the beadlocks is triggering dw. I had a slight shimmy at around 45 with my other rims so I believe the issue was already there. If anybody has time to give it a look with me this week let me know because as of now I'm stumped. Shot in the dark but is anybody bringing a trailer to the comp that would have space for my beadlocks? I don't have enough offset with my street rims to wheel with them and unless I can cure the dw problem i won't be able to drive to rc with them.

• I thought I would be ready but things aren't looking great. I got my tube fenders on minus front turn sigs and my beadlocks on and it seems the extra weight of the beadlocks is triggering dw. I had a slight shimmy at around 45 with my other rims so I believe the issue was already there. If anybody has time to give it a look with me this week let me know because as of now I'm stumped. Shot in the dark but is anybody bringing a trailer to the comp that would have space for my beadlocks? I don't have enough offset with my street rims to wheel with them and unless I can cure the dw problem i won't be able to drive to rc with them.

I'll have room and we should be 10 min away from each other?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!