2014 RC Club Comp

• Billy and Aaron came out with no damage, Glenn reconfigured his front bumper and lost one of his mounting points to flat tow the jeep home behind the RV, Nancy gets to drive the jeep back home.
    I made it damage free until the last course ( figures, just my luck). Bent the front driveshaft, bent/twisted pass. side upper control arm and broke the pass. side lower control arm...... :bang: It was worth it! :mrgreen:

I know where that mounting point is but it looked FUBAR. I actually stacked a rock next to it over by where we timed out on course one.

Fun times. You guys did great. I'm proud of a 3rd place against some seriously good competitors that race in the regular series.

• Techincally deja got 1/4 of 1st place too because I was on the EC4x4 team and we took the win :up: . Great day of wheeling though and even though I think my team had the experience advantage I was told they never placed in this event before so It was awesome to help with that especially on my first comp. I also know that the only teams we seemed to be worried about throughout the day was A-Z and Deja so you guys were some serious competitors and I think even beat one or two of the normal comp teams. O and Aaron killed it on the shootout! even though he almost ran over Bob to get to a cone :mrgreen: All I know is I cant wait to do it again!! I haven't inspected my rig yet but I don't think I have any damage. What I did learn yesterday is that my Durango steering box might be good for trails but SUCKS for a comp course because as my rig got the nickname "Land Yacht" by the end of the day, I had no turning radius and will be switching back to a tj box or something with the equivilant turning radius. Heres a few shots of me and my team.

• Awesome pics guys. It's great having Jeepers that are into photography because you guys know when to hit the shutter when other photographers wouldn't. :up:

Techincally deja got 1/4 of 1st place too because I was on the EC4x4 team and we took the win :up:

You are right that they've never won but I told you they were probably the most knowledgeable team out there and I bet you learned a lot from R1 and R2. They are great guys.

Once again, I am super proud of DEJA for pulling a team together (and donating a member to the winning team) and showing up and making ourselves a serious club to contend with. Big props to the class 2 guys....Glenn, Steve, and Bob...because that's where the difference was. :up:

• I know where that mounting point is but it looked FUBAR. I actually stacked a rock next to it over by where we timed out on course one.

Fun times. You guys did great. I'm proud of a 3rd place against some seriously good competitors that race in the regular series.

Maybe next time someone offers you their help and knowledge you will take them up on it Glenn....

Don't forget you still need a core support bolt as well.

-Brad

Straight six or nuthin!
    1993 Jeep Wrangler Sport w/ splash graphics!
    1993 Dodge W-350 Cummins
    2006 BMW 325xi wagon.

• Tonka

I have the PSC Extreme kit on my Rubicon.
    It, combined with RCV shafts made a gigantic difference in turning at comps. Also, the Hydro assist acts like a killer steering stabilizer on the street, so it's a win win for a jeep that still sees street time.

Sorry I had not posted earlier.

Congrats to you guys.
    Aaron, like the previous year, crushed it in the ShootOut and you guys were consistent all day.

Even if you don't compete, this is one of the best events to go up and watch. It's a blast

Great seeing everyone and doing some pre-comp wheeling the day before.

• Thanks for the heads up Elff. Im definaitly going to do an assist kit but not sure wich one and how far down the road. Why do you think the RCV's helped with turning? Ive not heard that before.

• No u joint binding at full turn seems to get me just a touch more.
    My turning at the Club comp was definitely better than it used to be and I had tires with more tread this time.
    I was hitting my lower control arms with the tires as a result

The rcvs also have the same strength at full turn or straight.
    So they are worth every penny.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!