surf fishing/may reports/updates

• Fished Broadkill beach yesterday. Was on my way to CHSP but the bait shop I use steered me to Broadkill, I figured what the hell I'll try someplace new to me. 6 hours of soaking bait, clams, bunker and bloods and not a tug. Water was dead calm and crystal clear, light to no wind and it was slightly overcast. Beach was crowded with fisherman and fisherwomen, did not see a single fish caught. A local set up next to me in the afternoon and reported that he was on the outside earlier in the day and caught a ton of doggies up to four foot and had seen several large bluefish also caught..... I guess I should have kept to the plan, oh well there is always next weekend. :fishing:

• Looking to go in the next two weeks... I like the cape... Broadkill is so narrow, and the flies are nasty.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

Edited once, last by deadfeat ().

• Heading out tomorrow, not making the mistake of hitting broadkill again will be at chsp not sure which beach, thinking navy crossing..... black Chevy four door truck (jeep is still in the recovery room from the damage sustained during club comp) had a customer catch some blues, weakest and a few puppy drum late this week.... :fishing:

• B roadkill is narrow but it also is a good spot. I took kids to 3 r's and we hit 5 skates and a 4 foot shark all landed. There have been a few striper off 3R and in between. I used claim and fresh bunker. Just a update

• Well fished Herring Point, was on the beach around 6:30, caught the entire outgoing tide, skates were everywhere, caught at least two dozen, several times we had four on at a rime.. saw a few doggies caught and that was it.
    Water was crystal clear and still cold. We had fresh bunker, surf clams and squid. All bites were on the bunkerwon't be fishing next weekend due to the member appreciation ride.

• We may not be surf fishing, but out here on the bay, we're catching big stripers (although we call them rockfish)... here's a nice one from last Sunday.

I used to think about buying a fuel-efficient vehicle.<br />Then I remembered I have a Jeep and can drive over sh*t.

• Good day at the beach today considering all of the inconsiderate people that were out and about. The usual skates, a couple decent stripers at the end of low tide, a few spot, snapper blues and had two 80 lb. Steel leaders bitten through, yep the toothy sharks are starting to show up.

• Where were you fishing yesterday? We went to Keybox and didn't catch much. I did catch what appeared to be a large pile of grasses but once it was close and I looked at it and it had long legs with joint kinda like bamboo. It was strange but definitely a living creature. It was crawling on the sand, I thought maybe a blue crab was in the middle of it but that wasn't the case. Weird I know, and yes I was drinking but not that much.LOL

• We were at chsp at herring point beach. Caught the stripers on fish bites while targeting spot, they both were just under 30". The dolphins pushed a couple schools of snapper bluefish into casting range, they wouldn't hit any lures but took small bunker chunks. The presumed to be sharks hit fresh blue fish and spot. Can't wait to get back down next weekend. :fishing:

• Spent Fri night just walking the pier at CHP. Saw a few flounder over the rail. Sat at CHP and did not see anything come in from the surf.spent night on beach and nothing again but was not fishing all the hard. Sunday half day at CHP.again nothing then hit Gordons pond and same thing there but great time at the beach.

• Spent Sunday & Monday at Navy Crossing and didn't see any action.

Oh, resisting urge for diry comment :).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!