Who goes camping?

• Im big into camping, reason i get the jeep. My girlfriend and i are thinking of moving up to a pop up someday. But right now we tent camp. Who all camps? where do you camp at? what some places you have camped at? Would a jeep camp weekend be a idea?

Here the places that i have been so far,

KOA in Harpersferry, Wv.
    Duckneck in Chestertown, Md.
    Holiday Park in Goldboro, Md
    Hopestead in Georgetown, DE
    Frontier Town in Ocean City, Md
    Castaways In Ocean City, Md
    killins Pond in Harrington, DE

Later this years. We are planning to stay at High Meadow, Which is a hershey parks campground resort. We havent planed those dates yet. Weekend of fathers day will be back at Hopestead, and the weekend of 4th of july back at duckneck. I recently just got back from duckneck this weekend.

• Hersheypark Camping Resort is awesome! We stayed there many times as kids with our parents. Always a good time and one of the nicest campgrounds around!

My girlfriend talked about how she wanted to go to hershey park so thats what im thinking. go up on a tuesday come back thursday. Ride hershey parks on a wed. That way it not as crowded as it would be on the weekend.

• x2 on Frontier Town in OCMD. If it's just a quick last-minute weekend getaway with the family, we'll hit places close like Lums Pond, Elk Neck or Killens Pond. I camped with my pop one time a few years back at Trap Pond during a hunting trip. It was nice and quiet there. He pulled his camper (read: rolling motel room) and we sacked out in that.

Last year, my brother, cousin and I went to someplace in PA. I don't even remember where as my cousin found the place and did the driving. We went on a hiking/camping trip for 3 days. Completely exploratory with just the packs on our backs. Drove up, parked the Jeep, shouldered our packs and set out. It was awesome and we're talking about doing it again this year (probably mid to late Autumn).

If it's just me, I usually don't use a tent. I'll use my ENO hammock. A couple weekends ago, at the Member's Ride, my brother and I had the hammocks stretched out between the Jeeps up at Rausch Creek, under the stars (or maybe that was the campfire! :o ). It got a little chilly and we had to break out the sleeping bags but it was great. If the wife and kids are along for the ride, I have an 8 person Coleman tent and a ton of gear that we bring along.

I do love camping and a lot of my best memories are from camping with the family.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• Yeah my girl and i are trying to get some camping in before i leave in august for military orders. She sadly right now with her job at bayhealth they have her working weekends which hopefully will be over soon. Elk neck i herd good things about that place. Just have never been. I would love to go to frontier town this year.. Castaways was neat they got like a little tiki bar thats alot of fun.

• Hows killens pond? I wanted to take my daughter to the waterpark/pond and figured we would camp when we go. She's almost 3 and hasent camped yet. I was also thinking about frontier town for her. Id be down for a family/kids type camping trip. Ive only been in the area for a couple of years though so the majority of camping ive done was in obx at the hatteras lighthouse state park when I lived in VA. I would definiatly recomend that place if your going that far south.

• Hows killens pond? I wanted to take my daughter to the waterpark/pond and figured we would camp when we go. She's almost 3 and hasent camped yet. I was also thinking about frontier town for her. Id be down for a family/kids type camping trip. Ive only been in the area for a couple of years though so the majority of camping ive done was in obx at the hatteras lighthouse state park when I lived in VA. I would definiatly recomend that place if your going that far south.

killens is cool since they have the free water park, but it gets real crowded on weekends. Also attracts a bit of a low class crowd at times. TRent a canoe or kayak and enjoy the natural water.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Killens is great for camping with kids. We took my daughter there when she was probably right around 3 for her first camping trip. You can camp in the back in the "secluded" section which is just for tents (no RVS, campers, etc). It's super cheap and a lot quieter. There's running water and portapotty at the parking lot for that area which is about 20 yards from the start of the camp sites.
    As far as the water park goes I don't believe it's free anymore but I think it's only like $2 or 3 to get into that.

• Oh i forgot to mention i have always camped at cherry stone in va. wouldnt mind going there again. Killens is fun and not far away. But its nice to be able in the woods, no cell phone reception, around a fire and cooking good foods

• We camp alot but PA is one of our favorite places. If with kids there is a amusement park called knobbels that is the best around and CHEAP! PA STATE parks are good also. Here in de chp is good also. Want to do the best ever? Algonquin park in canada. Take a 4 wheeler and go 30 km and camp. No lights, clear sky's where you can see satellites going by. Moose and bear and the best fishing. Best trip we ever did hands down.

• Awesome. Well if anyone is interested we could plan a big jeep camping weekend. Somewhere not to far but nice enough to be away and sit out under a fire.

• Green ridge state forest very primitive, rocky gap, deep creek lake all in Western Maryland. They are all a bit of a ride but that's how we spent our summers as kids.

• Awesome. Well if anyone is interested we could plan a big jeep camping weekend. Somewhere not to far but nice enough to be away and sit out under a fire.

A Fall Surf Fishing gathering at CHSP might be in order, we could reserve a block of sites , camp and surf fish.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Good advice on Killens :up: We camped there saturday to see how the little one would do. She loved it and cant wait to go again! We hit the waterpark when they opened and it was pretty dead untill closer to noon. It was $5 per person. The camping was $21 for a night on the tent only site. The park is really clean and quiet. They even had a campfire entertainer for kids at night. We also rented a canoe for an hour wich was cool.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!